Related to the Bowling & Grippo Fuel Injection system.
kevin o
Silver
Silver

New MS install -- v3 Fuel Pump Drive mod confirmation

Post by kevin o »

I'm in the process of installing an MS-II (v3) into my GTV6 racecar. Have most things sorted out prior to plugging in and firing up, but based on the posts I've found here and in the MSefi forum, I'm not 100% on how to mod the fuel pump drive. The attached is the last I've found as listed in a post by Murray, but I couldn't find confirmation that this worked.

Can anyone confirm this is correct, or do you have an updated schematic?

Thanks,
Kevin
Attachments
Previously posted by Murray
Previously posted by Murray
fuelpumpcirc_214.jpg (8.85 KiB) Viewed 8798 times
Kevin Oliver
84 GTV6 E Production race car
www.tuoracing.com
Murray
Verde
Verde

Post by Murray »

Kevin in my case I chickened out,and ran a relay instead.I run the relay coil between 12v (taken off the starter terminal block on the firewall ) and the other side goes to the meagasquirt fuel pump ground.I tapped into the fuel pump feed from the combo-relay and it works fine.I decided I didn't want to be a guinea pig and fry my MS board.
1986-GTV6
1989-75 Twinspark very sadly sold-remarkable sedan !
2014 Audi Q5 3.0l TDI - torque MONSTER
kevin o
Silver
Silver

New MS install -- v3 Fuel Pump Drive mod confirmation

Post by kevin o »

Murray;

Thanks for the explanation...if you don't mind, a couple other points of clarification...

1. MS fuel pump ground -- you are referring to pin 37 from DB37, correct?
2. If I understand correctly -- you are still using the MS to provide signal to turn on the fuel pump, and simply bypassing the combo relay?

So the fuel pump still will not run unless the engine is being cranked or is running?

Thanks,
Kevin
Kevin Oliver
84 GTV6 E Production race car
www.tuoracing.com
Murray
Verde
Verde

Post by Murray »

MS fuel pump ground -- you are referring to pin 37 from DB37, correct?
-Yes that is correct

2. If I understand correctly -- you are still using the MS to provide signal to turn on the fuel pump, and simply bypassing the combo relay?

-I didn't actually bypass the combo-relay I cut the wire from the combo-relay +12v to the pump and fed it through the MS controlled relay contact.

So the fuel pump still will not run unless the engine is being cranked or is running?

Correct the fuel pump voltage supply is controlled by the series connected combo relay - MS controlled relay and if an ignition pulse is not present the voltage to the pump is cut.
1986-GTV6
1989-75 Twinspark very sadly sold-remarkable sedan !
2014 Audi Q5 3.0l TDI - torque MONSTER