Related to the Bowling & Grippo Fuel Injection system.
bcal
Gold
Gold

To fly or to resist

Post by bcal »

What works best for the stock low impedance V6 injectors?
Resistors or flyback circuit?
I used resistors on a 2 barrel Holley TBI setup for a 350 chev and it worked well.
Are there any problem with using resistors on the stock alfa setup?
It is a lot simpler IMO.
Brett
Steve R
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Steve R »

Hi Brett,

There's no problem with using resistors as opposed to the flyback circuitry. both work fine. Although I thought the newer board builds had the option for heavy duty built in flyback circuitry?

Sorry for not replying earlier, I only just noticed the post.

BTW, haven't touched my MS system physically for 2 or 3 years since finishing it, as it's been totally reliable! I used the flyback board, but only because it becomes a simple software config change if later swapping between low and high resistance injectors.

S
83' GTV6, 3.0 24v supercharged
Murray
Verde
Verde

Post by Murray »

Brett if your using an MSII V3.0 board then the low impedance injector driver circuit is integrated.It works just fine.I've been running mine for over 2 years.Do a search on the MS site regarding the use of resistors ,I vaguely remember reading something about their use messing with injector opening times ?
1986-GTV6
1989-75 Twinspark very sadly sold-remarkable sedan !
2014 Audi Q5 3.0l TDI - torque MONSTER
bcal
Gold
Gold

Post by bcal »

Thanks guys, I was beginning to think there were no megasquirters on here anymore.

I have an MSII, two in fact, and have been running my 2L with them for years. I keep one as spare and swap them every now and then.

The reason I asked was because I have little room for a flyback circuit due to the design of my case (slide out PCB) and because I have atmos baro sensors on the component side of the board which takes up room.

I did do a sb chev a few years ago with throttle body injection and resistors so I might give them a go this time.
Brett