Related to the Bowling & Grippo Fuel Injection system.
Henrik75
Silver
Silver

MSII+Motronic+EDIS

Post by Henrik75 »

Hi all! New member here.
My car is a '92 75 3.0 QV with Motronic management.
I'm ordering MSII these days, and I've also scored an EDIS6 system with performance coil pack and vr sensor. To the question: Is there a way now to run the EDIS off my original trigger wheel, or will I have to fit a 36-1 wheel? Also, should I get new injectors for my slightly warmed-over engine or will the originals do?

Thanks for any input!
Henrik
Steve R
Platinum
Platinum

Re: MSII+Motronic+EDIS

Post by Steve R »

Hi Henrik,

Welcome to the forum!

Regarding EDIS you will need to use a version of the Ford 36 tooth wheel, as unfortunately the Alfa 60 tooth wheel is not compatable with the input the EDIS system expects.

Regarding injectors check out the part number but if yours are 0280 150 105 you will find they are pretty close to their duty cycle limits as standard, giving little room for additional fuel flow. If your part number differs just check it out online, from memory there are good resources for this sort of thing on the MS pages.

Good luck with the install, MS certainly provides an opportunity to learn a lot while you get the car running the way you want.

btw I'm running MS1 fuel and spark control with bigger injectors in a warmed over 3.0 - it runs great!

regards
83' GTV6, 3.0 24v supercharged
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Hi Henrik,

If you haven't ordered the MS2, what about VEMS? Since it uses 60-2 trigger, might be easier for you.
Dr. Alban
Henrik75
Silver
Silver

Post by Henrik75 »

Thanks for the replies!
I haven't bought the MS yet, but the Edis is already mine....
Luis
Gold
Gold

Post by Luis »

Henrik75 wrote:Thanks for the replies!
I haven't bought the MS yet, but the Edis is already mine....
You don´t need EDIS, you can configure MSII to work whith all the sensors and trigger wheels of the motronic, even the stock dizzy ignition.

If you want distributorless ignition you have to mod the MSII to MSIIextra, add more ignition drivers, one cam sensor and drive directly the ignition pack in wasted spark mode.

Take a look at:

http://www.msextra.com/ms2extra/MS2-Ext ... htm#3coils