Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

i still need to figure it out myself... what i do know: it is a lancia kappa 3l 24v that runs w/ 130k km, i sent him a message before the auction ended but his lack of response leads me to believe he speaks little to no english. i sure hupe it comes with ancillaries. if i am lucky maybe i can work out the wire loom, ecu, and ignition switch... otherwise i think i have something aftermarket in mind. either way i am ecstatic.

GERMAN SPEAKER WANTED!

VITTORIO
tImBoWe
Gold
Gold

Post by tImBoWe »

Well done Vic! great score. Look for a translation site on the net.

Or try this. Just copy text and paste into the window provided.
http://www.freetranslation.com/
Good luck.
enzo
Platinum
Platinum

Post by enzo »

Sporttunergtv6 wrote: GERMAN SPEAKER WANTED!

VITTORIO

jep?
Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

lets see.... i am still waiting for a reply from this german cat from whom i bought the motor. i have sent, literally, ten messages and a request for the total. i am about to fly over there to smack him in the face! I didnt even get a 'hi, congratulations!' i wouldnt car if the message came in german.... ill figure it out. GAD!
in other news: last week was a monster with 3 economics exams. i thought i did well, so i celebrated by finishing up my csc header installation (ie. splicing in the new o2 sensor) and then driving it into the city). i noticed that i was not getting a signal on my o2 sensor, but i didnt have time to take it off and resolder it, so i drove contently from friday to sunday afternoon, albeit with slightly compromised mixture. on sunday when i am about to drive it out of ny, i get in the car, hit the ignition and the #5 fuse pops. no biggie, happens every once in a while so i replace it and try turning the key again, same pop. i know that replacing the fuse a 3rd time isnt going to fix the problem, but i do it anyway (pop... f'me!).
long story short: my soldering must have been piss poor bc when i bypassed the cars wiring, with my handy wire and switch from the battery to the fuel pump, and left the #5 fuse out the car ran no problems. two hours later, i am all dirty from lying down in the street and 70 bucks short, on account of having to buy temporary tools and wire etc to make the bypass, none the less ecstatic about tearing around the west village in a car you can hear coming from a mile away!
i admit the car had no problems this time; it was all my fault!
thanks alfa,
v
cchan
Platinum
Platinum

Engine

Post by cchan »

Hi Vic,

Just watching your post. Did you get your engine? Was not exactly sure but I have been studying & studying the engine swap and wondering if I have the skills to do this. I was hoping to get a deal on an engine and I was hoping your ebay transaction was ok so I can get brave and do an ebay transaction as well.

Glad you tests went well. I need to start studing again too. Not looking foward to it but need those CE credits and maybe my PHD. (Piled high & deep).

See ya :D
Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

I have filed a complaint with ebay and hopefully I will hear soon as to whether or not I will actually be receiving the Lancia motor. In the mean time, however, I won this oher motor auction, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &rd=1&rd=1. I am jazzed yet again I have not heard from the seller, so we will have to wait and see. I am not quite sure why these guys post auctions claiming that they want to ship worldwide and then bail out after the auction ends. It is some flavor of stupid considering they could just end it early if they dont like the price.... Alas, I am saving negative feedback until I know for sure that I will not be receiving th motor.
I would like to say that I found a company in New York State that can design and fabricate the transmission adaptor. Now all I need to do is get the motor here so the machine shop can get crackin. When ever that 164 cltuch kit and Z disc arrive I will be able to figure out the throw out setup will work, etc, etc.
I think i am learning German. Go figure!
Vittorio
ps: enzo: I pm you.
enzo
Platinum
Platinum

Post by enzo »

just answered :wink:
Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

get this:
after making contact with the seller of the alfa 164 motor (i just won), i officially decided that iingaa, the guy i was supposed to buy the lancia motor from, was an a-hole. I left him neutral feedback on ebay this morning, and then in the afternoon i check my email... low and behold iingaa sent me the email as follows: "please excuse my late feedback. I had got an accident with the Lancia Kappa and was in hospital. I'm sorry for telling you that the car was on the adac ( abschleppdienst) and i dont know what was with the car ..."
How convenient!
the good news is that i will be getting the 164 motor soon!
vittorio
Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

so am i correct inferring (after countless reminders) that the block of the 3l 24v motor in the same as the 12v 2.5 v6? am i correct in assuming that the below picture of the motor is showing the rear motor mount from, presumably, a gtv6. if that is correct, then the transmission bellhousing bolt pattern of the 164 must be the same as the whatever you call that thing on the gtv6 rear motor mount?

vittorio
Attachments
verrics_demon2_583.jpg
verrics_demon2_583.jpg (96.68 KiB) Viewed 9165 times
Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

so am i correct inferring (after countless reminders) that the block of the 3l 24v motor in the same as the 12v 2.5 v6? am i correct in assuming that the below picture of the motor is showing the rear motor mount from, presumably, a gtv6. if that is correct, then the transmission bellhousing bolt pattern of the 164 must be the same as the whatever you call that thing on the gtv6 rear motor mount?

vittorio
Attachments
verrics_demon2_583.jpg
verrics_demon2_583.jpg (96.68 KiB) Viewed 9165 times
Daniel
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Daniel »

I'd assume it's the same since I've bolted a GTV6 rear engine mount (bell housing) to a 164 3.0 12v and am bolting one to a 164 3.0 24v.
The biggest differences I found on the back of the engine were crankshaft length (4mm different between fwd and rwd engines) and the mounting of the 24v starter motor.
cchan
Platinum
Platinum

Post by cchan »

Hi Sporttunner,

Sorry to hear your troubles with your engine. I am worried now. I never ever ever bought anything over $200USA without looking at it or actually picking it up myself. We usually have our stuff shipped COD and pay on delivery. So many horror stories out there. I hope your other engine goes through with no problems. I am sure you have enough problems without worring about your hobby that is suppose to relax and calm you. Not make you have to call your attorney.

Peace :D
Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

Daniel,
Thanks for the info. If this is most definately the case then I can bring the alfa bell housing and the 350z transmission to the machine shop to have the adaptor machined.
Can anyone else varify this? I have one or two of these bellhousings from a 12v 2.5 l motor laying around and would love to get started.
Chan,
I will be paying via Paypal and we are both verified users, so i will theoretically be protected by the Paypal terms.
Vittorio
cchan
Platinum
Platinum

Post by cchan »

Hi Sporttunner,

Back on the subject, so if I understand this part of your thread, one can bolt on the rear bell house covering from the 2.5l 12v stock engine to the 164LS 3.0l 24v with no modifications. Finally, one only needs to put a spacer for the starter and everything is good to go. This is what I understood on the 3.0L conversion in this forum.

Just want to confirm this as fact since I hope this is the case.

Thanks.
cchan
Platinum
Platinum

Post by cchan »

one more question, what is a 350z transmission? This this from a Datsun (Nissan)?