Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Re: My rebuild!

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

A small tip for the vacuumsystem.. a lot of Volvo's use an electric vacuumpump as an assist for the brakebooster. They come with an inline switch that turns on the pump if vacuum is too low. Getting a good vacuum on a throttlebodied engine is not always easy and this Will het you a good amount of vacuum for your booster.

I use this setup in my giulia as i deleted the engine vacuumpump on my jtd conversion due to space issues. So i use only this electric pump to create a vacuum for the brakebooster. Has been a reliable setup for the last few years.
Drive it like you stole it...
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

Jules,

Look at this electric ACsetup on a GTV6 SC. More room in the engine bay,

https://www.alfabb.com/threads/electric ... st-8605853

With your Prius power steering and this AC setup, you’re good to go mate, the engine bay will be all clean much easier to work with.
KevinR
Verde
Verde

Post by KevinR »

Hi Jules
Dammmm ! This is one amazing build. It looks like you have been saving all this energy and sponging all the GTV info up to to the ultimate build. The GP kit looks really good and allows the freedom to trim the arches. This has brightened up the -1 degree day outside with some good sofa reading . Look forward to your progress.
Alfaaa1
Gold
Gold

Post by Alfaaa1 »

Looking good Jules this GTV looks great. :D
Hows the build going.
What Brake vacuum pump have you used.
I am up to this stage on mine .