Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
MD
Verde
Verde

Re: xrad's gtv6

Post by MD »

My preference would be to give it it's original European look with the stainless steel bumpers front and rear. At least then the stainless relates to all the window stainless trim and there is a design cohesion. Lose the front guard repeater indicator for a European one and dispense with the rear one altogether. Fit some alfa badged stainless side mirrors to finish off and a roof central,rear swept aerial mounted adjacent to the windscreen top edge.

For the rear vents, you can get a metal insert instead of the fins with the "GTV" pressing in it.

If that doesn't appeal or you're undecided, just chrome it..
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
PietereQ
Platinum
Platinum

Post by PietereQ »

Giuliettaevo2 wrote: What are you gonna do to the rear end of the car? Without a bumper it looks quite silly, there is a strange lip sticking out behind it ( most of the times also quite rusty there), right where the boot-floor meets the rearpanel.
I actually kinda like it, you can see suspension, trans, etc. Makes most people actually bow down and take a peek. Just like chick wearing mini skirt, but no panties :mrgreen:
xrad
Verde
Verde

Post by xrad »

rear end will be smooth and round (like I like em!) NO lip.

Thanks Z. I take everyone's advice about chrome and I still get flak! ;)

front end is MC racing fiberglass unit.

I kind of like this look (see below). I can;t find my pic of the black one's rear end but it is smooth. Yellow one has a bump which I don;t want. It's about 1/2 way there.

As for side lights, I have a set of chrome Fiat lights that are recessed like the alfetta ones......
Attachments
!BpPEDWQBmk~$(KGrHqQH-C!Eumq4470CBLqgRZD(DQ~~_3.jpg
!BpPEDWQBmk~$(KGrHqQH-C!Eumq4470CBLqgRZD(DQ~~_3.jpg (46.97 KiB) Viewed 2309 times
BumperlessGTV6_Front.jpg
BumperlessGTV6_Front.jpg (54.64 KiB) Viewed 2309 times