Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
GregoryV
Platinum
Platinum

Re: Greetings from an 83!

Post by GregoryV »

Wasn't sure what effect the new injectors would have on how the v6 runs - but holy cow what a difference! On first start the engine even sounded different, much smoother. Spun up onto the freeway with favorite s-turn onramp and man the 3.0 has never come on like that! :D

Time to celebrate and order a non-essential like new floor mats :)

GV
20-Years-3-Motors-Later
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Hi GregV,

I am glad to hear your car is running well. Often people are pleasantly surprised when they install new or overhauled injectors because they usually didn't realize how bad the old ones were.

Greg Gordon,
www.hiperformancestore.com
www.okinjectors.com
GregoryV
Platinum
Platinum

Post by GregoryV »

Yes, exactly that - where i really notice this is the surge that comes on after 3K all the way up, literally like #!8%% :D

Was also suspecting of the old injectors as the last smog check I just could not get the combustion chamber temperature down no matter how much fatter I tried to get it, not to mention noticing slight detonation at high rpm under load (So I'd been babying it) - not good! GV
20-Years-3-Motors-Later
gran turismo
Silver
Silver

Post by gran turismo »

Hi Gregory,

Just out of curiosity are those new injectors stock (stage 1) or stage 2?
GregoryV
Platinum
Platinum

Post by GregoryV »

gran turismo wrote:Hi Gregory,

Just out of curiosity are those new injectors stock (stage 1) or stage 2?
Just stage 1, though GregG says they're a hair better than stock. Would love to put after-market fuel management on this car and put in stage 2 injectors - I can only imagine how she'd rip, but I won't get by smog here in CA with that setup :x

GV
20-Years-3-Motors-Later
gran turismo
Silver
Silver

Post by gran turismo »

I think you will find some people who have passed smog in CA with aftermarket FI. Nice car by the way!
GregoryV
Platinum
Platinum

Post by GregoryV »

So, when my tank was out it was the perfect time to turn my koni's down from about midway (still to hard for my taste) to the softest setting... but it seems when I tunred them softer I was looking at the shocks upside down and turned them to their hardest setting :roll: :oops: now I get to look forward to pulling them out again but this time through the stupid little access windows behind the rear seat :evil:
GV
20-Years-3-Motors-Later