Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
fortom
Gold
Gold

Hello from N.Z.

Post by fortom »

Finally laid my hands on a digi camera, so here is a pic of my car in Auckland N.Z. Had her for 2 years now.

Tom :D
Attachments
IMG_0394.JPG
IMG_0394.JPG (167.68 KiB) Viewed 9802 times
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Pleased to see Tom that car looks a lot more pretty than some of those Kiwi gorillas you call football players :D
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Mericet
Gold
Gold

Post by Mericet »

LOL at MD. Nice looking car Tom. The second good looking silver car this week!
Neil C.

85 GTV 6 "Benna della ruggine e mangiatore dello zoccolo"
gtv11636
Gold
Gold

Post by gtv11636 »

Wow! Amazing Looking Car :P
Can you tell us more about her ? :D
fortom
Gold
Gold

Post by fortom »

Thanks guys, first registered july 1987 so maybe one of the last to be built? Unfortunately the pic does not tell the whole story, car was neglected by previous owners and was re painted a few years back ... it is really a crap job. Now has 180.000k on the clock, i done valve guides and seals last year so the oil consumption is a lot better now and no smoking.The car is straight and has very little rust so i will rebuild it over the next few years(if i can park it long enough). Just looking at the various wheel options on the board and deciding what colour to paint her.
Tom
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Hi Tom,
Just looking at the various wheel options on the board and deciding what colour to paint her.
Mate, I take it that you mean repaint the whole car? If that is the case, I would advise you to just redo the original colour for maximum resale value. If you change colour without a full body colour change under the bonnet,(hood) boot (trunk) inside the doors etc, it will immediately devalue the car. However if you go for a bare metal respray, it will cost you a sheit load and next year's undies allowance.

Your call.. :) Ah, decisions, decisions....
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
gtv11636
Gold
Gold

Post by gtv11636 »

Hey Tom

I can see you took grate care of the car and it doesnt show that it was neglected, it looks super right now! :D

Well, I'd stay with the original wheels and paint, but thats just my opinion :roll:

BTW - I'd love to see pictures of the car before and during the repaint job, can you send it to my e mail ? gtv11636@yahoo.com

If you say its a crapy job then I must take your word for it, but at least in that picture it looks beautiful (-:

Tomer
fortom
Gold
Gold

Post by fortom »

Thanks for the thoughts guys, went out for a beer at the local watering hole tonite with the missus and the car was parked across the road in the sunlight ...well the car does look great in original colour with the standard wheels.IT WAS JUST SO DIFFERENT TO ANYTHING IN THE STREET.I tell you a GTV is one hell of a good looking motor car........
TOM
fortom
Gold
Gold

Post by fortom »

Thanks for the thoughts guys, went out for a beer at the local watering hole tonite with the missus and the car was parked across the road in the sunlight ...well the car does look great in original colour with the standard wheels.IT WAS JUST SO DIFFERENT TO ANYTHING IN THE STREET.I tell you a GTV is one hell of a good looking motor car........
TOM
GregoryV
Platinum
Platinum

Post by GregoryV »

Very very nice! :D

Hey that almost looks like my 83! Sharp - you can tell the owners before you have really taken care of it!

I don't know the paint looks pretty darn good to me even the wheels look sharp - did you repaint them already>?

Gregory
GregoryV
Platinum
Platinum

Post by GregoryV »

Yeah the bright silver awesume when the light hits it just right - keep it original!

One of the first V6s I saw back when was black and it was drop dead gorgeous! The other I think a rare color was gold I think they did it in 85 or 86 - not sure but i have only seen 2 - ever!

gregory
fortom
Gold
Gold

Post by fortom »

Thanks Greg, but if i were to take a close up pic of the paint, it would be a different story.........nice from far , far from nice. The car has been repainted and not many coats put on it. It sees a stone and gets a chip, plus people in car parks here in New Zealand have no respect for other peoples property and bump your car when they open car doors..... :evil:
Mark Walshaw
Gold
Gold

Re: Hello from N.Z.

Post by Mark Walshaw »

Hi Tom, greeting was wondering if you had found any of your pictures from group One racing in the eighties. Would love to see them on he forum.
Cheers.