Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
fastcar
Gold
Gold

Post by fastcar »

Billy wrote:I don't know the price you pay for it (sorry, for her !) but,
when looking at the pics, it seems that not a lot of money will be
necessary to make it shinning as much as the most beautiful one
that you can see on the forum.

What's the brand of the wheels you have on it ?
As I can answer on that last question. It's a Rial, originally fitted on the 500 GTV6 Grand Prix. It's 7,5×15 and accomodate 225/50VR15 Fulda Y2000 regarding to the German papers. I also have one under restoration.
John in Denver
Silver
Silver

Post by John in Denver »

I see from your photos that you removed the Zender hood addition. Can you post a picture of that on its own and describe how it's attached to the hood...... since I've never seen one of these in the flesh/metal/glassfibre ?
PietereQ
Platinum
Platinum

Post by PietereQ »

Guess this means a slolid mount :lol: though I'm taking no account for it.
fastcar wrote:As I can answer on that last question. It's a Rial, originally fitted on the 500 GTV6 Grand Prix. It's 7,5×15 and accomodate 225/50VR15 Fulda Y2000 regarding to the German papers. I also have one under restoration.
So you mean only 500 gtv6's had them? :shock: I have seen several Zenders with those rial rims.
They're going to look sweet when I polish them :D
fastcar
Gold
Gold

Post by fastcar »

Maybe there are more of this rims, but originally it was fitted on the GPs.
PietereQ
Platinum
Platinum

Post by PietereQ »

latest update:
The color is Rosso Farina wchich is uber-saturated red, you can't see it actually,(on photos it rather looks more like a orange) cause these are low quality photos I made with cellphone.
...Actually this red is p0rn:D
Ps. still looking for mirrors, anyone? :)
PietereQ
Platinum
Platinum

Post by PietereQ »

Some more pics of the car, hopefully I will take her for her "remaiden" voyage this week :)
And few questions to you guys:
-are milano/75 fuse boxes interchangable with the gtv6 boxes?
-is it possible that due to few months of "inactivity" my gear knobs works with much greater resistance, not like it was light before, but it has lost all of it's smoothness. Or this can be attrubuted to faulty (i dunno somewhat?) engine installation?
PietereQ
Platinum
Platinum

Post by PietereQ »

Took gtv6 for a trip to Cracow for some tourist rallying. The whole trip was roughly over 1200km so I had second thoughts before departure in a car that hadn't even hit 100 km's after restoration . But It was such a blast to drive, gtv6 are great for long touring imho, not a single thing failed in the car, hence I'm really proud of her :)
Some pics
Spent a lot of time with my friends who owes a x 1/9 with swapped 1.3 turbo engine from Uno turbo. Man what a cool, and evil car is that! Can't stop thinking why Fiat didn't put this engine in the car in the first place!
And that's something you could see here some over 20 yrs. ago; black market money changer in the "western car" asking taxi driver where to find "entertainment" in the area :lol:
(I'm not the author of the pics below)
http://foto.onet.pl/81db5,y4v8308wlww0,br5gt,u.html
The final round took place at the fiat test track, so finally i could use alfa as she was meant to be :)
http://foto.onet.pl/81db5,y4v8308wlww0,br5sv,u.html
http://foto.onet.pl/3ejn6,dmgcgmwck5rd,br9ay,u.html
I had a laugh when a friend of mine told me that he overheard two porshe "pro wannabe" guys talking about me:
-That's pretty fast
-ya indeed
-uhm
-If you've too lived 3 kms next to a racetrack...
-right
:lol:
But all in all beaten by porshes again (944s2; 928s) I guess I'll start looking for a 3,0 24v donor :lol: And some driving training...
On the way home...
Cheers
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Looks like a great job well done. Do you still have a problem with the gear lever or has it loosened up.
PietereQ
Platinum
Platinum

Post by PietereQ »

kevin wrote:Looks like a great job well done. Do you still have a problem with the gear lever or has it loosened up.
haha that was a very simple issue to solve. Since my car was missing that rubber gear knob boot, all dust and crap accumulated over those 5 months and incerased the friction. Pulled the thing out greased it and works like a dream :) Or knife in a butter :lol:
It's a strict schedule for alfa! This weekend raced again! Finally I could take part in 3rd edition of Youngtimer party in Poznan. Best of all alfa didn't fail me at all, and that was 8 hours spent on the racetrack. Some trials were really non - alfa, but heck I had a great time. I ended up 10th in general standings and 6th in my class(over 150hp - which means fighting with really EVERYTING above that power such as porsches 964) And i was 3rd in full circuit race. Not too bad for half year return ;)
I'm not the author of the following photos:
When you have to make an u turn on a 7 metre wide road in a gtv6 with a lousy handbrake, off roadning may become an option
and 5 secs lost
Polyurethane sway bar end links helped a bit but the front is still too soft sprung. Need to work on that

Only Beemer that I didnt manage to overtake in the last race
And hell yes it was eventful :lol:
cheers,
Pete
GregoryV
Platinum
Platinum

Post by GregoryV »

Great pictures! Congrats on all the hard work ... really like the wheels!

GV
20-Years-3-Motors-Later
PietereQ
Platinum
Platinum

Post by PietereQ »

haha alfa on racetrack again :D Still to catch up with upcoming track events. Pics from last track day:
PietereQ
Platinum
Platinum

Post by PietereQ »

And a movie from this event:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAfRKdYx6AE
as you can see pretty pathetic competition for stockish gtv6 :lol:
times for comparison:
mine: 2:9:335
Best: Porsche GT2 (slicks)1:47:450
PietereQ
Platinum
Platinum

Post by PietereQ »

Finally I'll start work on suspension and clutch next week. But to add insult to injury it appears that damage to front suspension will require shop intervention and that's why: :cry:
Right A arm mounts are bent. Or the rear mount is banged in and the fore one banged out... One of the previous owners either had a unfortunate meeting with a large pothole or a curb... anyway's here the "healthy" side for comparison:
Here you can easily see the how the conical section of front mount protrudes:
...as opposed to the rear
you can even see that the bolts aren't even horizontally pararell :x
And the consequences:
Tire rub....
... Rim rub
And the most severe I think, which to some extent solves my weird brake balance in front. Remember me mentioning right wheel blocking easily? :
No wonder. FR wheel has to have really sick negative camber under braking.
What possible solutions you see?; banging in and out?? or welding a piece of new subrfame? With time I really regret I have bought this car, Its always cleaning up the mess after the abnegation of previous owners, and very little time left to enjoy the ride :x
PietereQ
Platinum
Platinum

Post by PietereQ »

So little update form the frontline. Progres is slow but anyway it's a progress.
I have also purchased upper ball joints but not pictured here.
... still looking forward for turning right :lol:

Yesterday's shipment of powerflex bushings form UK pretty much concludes the list of parts to be replaced up front.

And the clutch...
Lots of work still to do and i must make it before 29th
PietereQ
Platinum
Platinum

Post by PietereQ »

It's time for a little outdated update :)
All front suspension has been rebuilt with new parts (ball joints bushings etc) aaand well it's a DIFFERENT car. The old parts we replaced appeared to have been factory new, ie. 24 yrs old, you can guess their shape... The only thing I'm left with is little steering play, I'll either rebuild the stock rack or install Milano with ps (comes in handy on AutoX imo). Anyways, I took part in a mixed autox-trackday event two weeks ago and it was hellova fun:

Moreover I have repainted the stock magnesium campagnolos, which will be used for sport events/trackdays only...
Putting modesty aside the result is pretty good imo.

And new tyres for this season, too bad they came two days after the last trackday

Hope these will save few secs on the track :)