Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Dan

I have a similar set up to you except that all my rims are the same size. I orignally had problems with mid corner bind up with unpredictable understeer (sometimes serious).

I changed to a tyre compound with more grip and trimmed back the front end settings and the got a complete transformation more akin to the handling I am used to except that it is now "flat" cornering.
Seems these chassis are very sensitive to front end tuning.

I run 36PSI tyre pressures. Expect the steering to be heavy at parking and slow speeds. It's due to the rim size(worse with low tyre pressures of course).

Hope that helps with your testing.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

heavy steering may be related to offset.....
SlewofDamascus
Gold
Gold

Post by SlewofDamascus »

Excuse me, Dan, I don't want to offend anybody, but

that is the most beautiful GTV-6 (outside of my father's - smile), that I have ever laid eyes on. Wow. Stunning. I just put it on my screen saver.

The wheels don't seem alien to the period of the car, which is important, I think.

I keep getting e-mail adverisements from the "marine store" after buying a liter of the aforementioned plastic revitalizer (smile) - No, I don't really need the "New Wetline Dinghy", but thanks for asking.

What color code is the paint, if you don't mind?

What's going on in the interior?

Yours is an inspiration, Dan, on my project GTV-6. Thanks for sharing it.

David B.
Oakland, Ca
SlewofDamascus
Gold
Gold

Post by SlewofDamascus »

Dan, I just noticed where it seems you are going to replace the wheels you have in the previous picture line-up. If so, and you are looking for a buyer of the pictured wheels let me know. thanks.

David B.
dan668s
Gold
Gold

Post by dan668s »

SlewofDamascus wrote:Dan, I just noticed where it seems you are going to replace the wheels you have in the previous picture line-up. If so, and you are looking for a buyer of the pictured wheels let me know. thanks.

David B.
Hi David!

Thank you for the kind words, it really means a lot to me!
The wheels currently on the car will not be replaced as I'm very with the way they look, my old 15" Compomotive's are donated to a friends project-car....

I don't know the paint-code, but it was repainted by the previous owner about 3 years ago. I've got some informations from the Alfa Romeo factory saying that originally the color of the car was Nero Metallico. I will try to get hold of the paint-code.

Now the GTV6 have been put away for the winter, but I managed to take a few more pictures of it. Hopefully you'll enjoy it:

Alfa Romeo - The thinking man's car!
--------------------------------------------
2004 Alfa Romeo Sportwagon 1.9 JTD
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6 2.5
SlewofDamascus
Gold
Gold

Post by SlewofDamascus »

Thanks for the reply, Dan.

Every time I close whatever windows are open in my PC, leaving just the screen, I see your GTV-6. And it hasn't lost its appeal yet.

I do have to amend my earlier statement just a little. I said that it was the most beautiful GTV-6 I have ever seen. Actually, it's not just the most beautiful GTV-6 I have ever seen.

It's the most beautiful car I have ever seen, period. I love looking at it. I've been completely smitten by it.

The color is some kind of dark grey, correct? It really, really works. When I repaint mine, which is in the process of being upgraded, I am going to try to match your color (I hope you don't mind?). That's why I am very interested in knowing the code of its present color.

The wheels, of course, provide the perfect offset to the color scheme. My wheels will be custom !7" black spoke with a polished center and polished lip. They are the first set (prototype) of a new series (his 4th series) by a well known Alfa wheel producer (who I can't name just yet because he has not yet introduced the wheel publicly, mums the word).

I hope you won't ever change a thng on your GTV-6, Dan, it's a timeless masterpiece in my humble opinion.

Thanks.

David B.
1986 GTV-6
Black-62k
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

My last 75/ milano also was this color, the sticker told it was "Nero 602". this is a metallic black which looks more like anthracite.

don't know if the paintcode for the GTV6 is the same as the one for the 75....
Drive it like you stole it...
SlewofDamascus
Gold
Gold

Awakening

Post by SlewofDamascus »

Hey Dan,

Have you brought "her" out for the Spring yet?

We'll be expecting some new pics for the season :)

David
1986 GTV-6
(final project pics coming VERY soon)
dan668s
Gold
Gold

Post by dan668s »

SlewofDamascus wrote: What color code is the paint, if you don't mind?
Hi David,

I'm pretty sure the paintcode is AR909 (Nero Met)
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6 2.5
dan668s
Gold
Gold

Re: Awakening

Post by dan668s »

SlewofDamascus wrote:Hey Dan,

Have you brought "her" out for the Spring yet?

We'll be expecting some new pics for the season :)

David
1986 GTV-6
(final project pics coming VERY soon)
Yes, I've just got my car back from the workshop as I've installed a new ignition-lock, and had a MOT-inspection (every other year).

My mechanic must have fine-tuned the ignition and fuel/air-mixture as well, becuase the engine runs much smoother now.

I've installed new drilled front discs with Ferodo pads, and painted the calippers red during the winter, it looks really nice.

Yesterday I recieved new outer headlights from EB Spares, and I'm hoping to install them during this weekend.

After a proper wash and polish I will take some new pictures and post them :D
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6 2.5
dan668s
Gold
Gold

Post by dan668s »

We'we had beautiful weather here in Norway the last few days, so I have been on several nice trips with my GTV6.
I've found some really nice twisty backroads where I can test the suspension setup, and hear that glorious exhaust note 8)

Everything seems to work fine, but I have quite a lot of understeer when pressing hard into corners. I will probably have to get rid of my yellow Koni's, and buy some Bilstein Sprints to solve this problem.
I'm also considering buying castor rod ball joints....

Here are some pictures taken a few days ago:

1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6 2.5
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Slick car. Slick photos. Love the glove treatment..

You do us all proud Dan 8)
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
SlewofDamascus
Gold
Gold

Post by SlewofDamascus »

Yeah, this isw one of my favorite GTV-sixes. It was my background saver for quite a while (now it's a twisty road within a new england fall motif).

Great job, Dan.

The bigger wheels will create a little more understeer, too.

Take some road trip pics this summer, we never get tired of looking.

Thanks.

David
Rookie ROX
Gold
Gold

Post by Rookie ROX »

Clean the bug off the badge next time! :lol:

Or was that intended so as to indicate the spirited driving it had just entailed? :twisted:

Looks fantastic anyway.

ROCK ON
R~R
grant
Platinum
Platinum

Post by grant »

Your car is gorgeous! But what makes you think the shocks are going to solve the understeer?
BMW's are the ultimate driving machine!

I'm kidding -- please don't ban me.