Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
kevin
Verde
Verde

Re: Introduction

Post by kevin »

cchan, its only one of two issues. Either a1) seal in the master or in slave is leaking and bypass builds up pressure thus engaing clutch or2) pedal is to high. If pedal is to high with no play it will cause the clutch to engage slightly from continuos ''bouncing''. Dont take out clutch. just start with process of elemination , pedal first(adjust on master) to get play, then replace seals. One hour job for slave seals(seals cost R25 equals 5$) , one a half our job for master seals.
Mine were also new .
cchan
Platinum
Platinum

Post by cchan »

Hi Kevin,
Thank you for your post. So many things going on that I did not have a chance to address this last issue. You were correct. I had help to fix this since I am so busy to do the work myself. It turns out that the brand new Clutch Master Cylinder seals were causing this issue. Once we replaced this with a brand new MC we had a normal clutch. I guess it would have been cheaper to just change the seals but the MC did not cost alot. However, I guess the two hours plus of stop and go on a hill along with 90+ degrees burnt up the Clutch. Therefore, we needed to put in a new clutch as well. It was lucky that I still had the machined, lightened rear fly wheel assembly with brand new custom 8 puck street/track performance clutch and pressure plate. This is now being installed and the Alfa is ready for the spring. :D
samsmith
Silver
Silver

Post by samsmith »

hello, is there someone here knows this 1 stop shop in Washington? i am going to send my car on that shop and i just want to know some details. i just got it from Washington auto repair tab of automd.