Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
Mario77
Silver
Silver

Introduction

Post by Mario77 »

Greetings to all GTV6 lovers. I bought my 1982 GTV6 back in August 2003, having desired one for years. I am the fifth owner of the car which was named Mario by the one of the first two owners. Mario is a Balocco SE #77. I do realize there is nothing special about the car as compared to other GTV6's except for typical modifications made by other owners.

Mario was originally a California car and so is remarkably free of rust. I did recently find some rust under the driver side plastic skirt at the base of the front quarter at the wheel well rear. I understand this is typical. I am going to order the repair part from International Auto and get the body back to 100%.

Also, acquired a spare 2.5 engine this summer as a rebuild project, leading later to replacement of the engine in mine. My original engine runs great but I suspect some compression leaks somewhere. This rebuild project is my first so I will be doing much research.

Hope to have my car ready for national Alfa meeting in the Detroit Michigan area in 2007. I look forward to interacting with some of you.

Rob
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Hey Rob,welcome..post a pic of Mario..lets see what she `s all about..
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
tImBoWe
Gold
Gold

Post by tImBoWe »

Hey Rob, Mario. You planning any hot up parts for that rebuild?
Mario77
Silver
Silver

Reply for Mario

Post by Mario77 »

Thanks for the responses to my introductory post. I am having difficulty figuring out how to correctly post pictures here. Be patient as I will eventually figure it out. Any help will be appreciated.

No big plans for engine enhancements, except possibly 164S cams. Just want to build a fresh engine. When I pull my current engine, that may be a different story (Build a 3.0 maybe?).