Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
BigKriss
Silver
Silver

Hey,Hello

Post by BigKriss »

Im Kriss,Lurking for a long time now.
Had to be member # 1000. :D
I drive a Beemer,dont hold that against me though as Im an old school Alfisti.
Sad about the new sh*t they call Alfa`s today.
Love your cars here though..Great examples!

8)
BigKriss
Silver
Silver

Post by BigKriss »

Ok.I change my car above from BMW to Alfa.
Do I get a welcome now?
And I retract my comment on S8tty cars Alfa are building now. :wink:
cchan
Platinum
Platinum

Post by cchan »

Hi BigKriss,
Welcome. What type of Alfa do you have or are you getting? I had a couple of BMW's before but I am restoring my old Alfa and All BMW's are sold.
Why don't you like the new Alfa's? I think the 8C is a great Halo car. The lower models seem ok too. Please advise.
PietereQ
Platinum
Platinum

Post by PietereQ »

Well I guess all of us have type 116 models for sure plus other cars also including fiato/gm/Alfas. I think that nowadays Alfa Romeo has lost it's spirit due to economic/ecological/market/and whatsoever pressures, the problem is that unlike BMW AR is only depending on it's history which is not accompanied by production of remarkable sport cars. New alfas imo look awesome but when the diesel engine is the No1 for the company, what can I say? World has ended.
Alfettish
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Alfettish »

I'm sure they have always done things based on those principles.
Just now you don't like the way trends are going. Neither do I.
Bring back rear-drive you poxy POS company.
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

I got no sympathy for the current Alfa Wanker management .Hope the bastards crash and burn with their moron strategies.

From the ashes there may be a rebirth of the true ALFA ROMEO Spirit.

Porche tried it and got burned at the stake. Fortunately for Porche fans somebody still had some brain cells left..

It's you turn Alfa. :x
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Alfettish
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Alfettish »

I don't see it happening. FIAT is too far gone to make any kind of change.
Alfa needs to be bought by another manufacturer who will revive it as it should be.
Rear drive, engines made in-house, and technological guts.
Man a 2007 GTV6 would be the bomb, or a 2007 Bertone inspired coupe.

Meh, we're dreaming, that will never ever happen.
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

Welcome Kriss! Got any Alfa pics???

I would be happy with any Alfa they bring into the US!
SimonB
Gold
Gold

Post by SimonB »

They sell some Alfa's South of the border. Isn't there some sort of common market going on over there?

http://www.gm.com.mx/content_data/LAAM/ ... /home.html

I guess its a long way to go for servicing though and the newer models aren't all that amazing although they compete pretty well over here in Europe in their market sector. Rear drive is coming although in very limited numbers on the 8C, for a price! Don't know if they will sell that in Mexico.
¡Si me gusta conducir, es porque conduzco un Alfa!

'84 GTV6 UK spec back on the road after 4 years!
05 Corolla daily driver
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Driving the Maserati today and a Brera pulls ahead of me..Damn,that is a giant of a boat!!
At the same time an M6 pulls up abreast of him..Its as big a the friggin Bmw..!!

Not for me thanks.... :roll:
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Fernando »

The new Alfa 159 and Brera are stunning cars when you compare them to the boring crap that litters our roads in SA,but they are just way to heavy. :cry: Using a GM engine,even if it's been reworked,just grates with me. :evil:

Here the Brera costs nearly the same as the current BMW M3 but in performance terms it isn't in the same league. :oops: An Alfa is supposed to be top dog,that's what I recall of Alfa's of old.Now it's more show and not much get up and go because it's overweight.Colin Chapman would cringe at the weight of cars today.

I just pray the 8C is a step back in the right direction in terms that it's got the looks :D :D :D and the spec sheet looks like it should deliver the goods performance wise.

I am an eternal optimist so I hope Alfa return to their performance roots as they have the looks department sealed up perfectly now.

Oh yes,one other thing for Alfa's current CEO,Alfa's should be in racing at all times ,so get your head out of your ass and homologate the 159 for the WTCC ala BMW with the special version of the 320i. :twisted:
"Racing is life,everything before and after is just waiting."- Steve Mqueen
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Somebody should send an invite to the Alfa management to register on this site me thinks...
lucass81
Gold
Gold

Post by lucass81 »

You are right MD. Today car manufacturers employes are mostly college geeks. And they are into safety, comfort, ecology, and all that gay shit. They should get in touch with the real driving enthusiasts. Then they will be able to build real drivers cars.
84 GTV6
96 M3
joey
Gold
Gold

Post by joey »

lucass81 wrote:You are right MD. Today car manufacturers employes are mostly college geeks. And they are into safety, comfort, ecology, and all that gay shit. They should get in touch with the real driving enthusiasts. Then they will be able to build real drivers cars.
i agree ! where do they get off employing mechanical engineers and other 'nerds' from college to build cars ! I much perfer a yob with a stubbie and a wifebeater !

heh, seriously tho. i know not of one mech engineer that is not 'hard' for 'pure' cars. they are chomping at the bit to have free reign. the reality is the bean counters and the positioning of the make as a 'luxury' brand by fiat. look at alfa's market now, mostly hair dressers and such, i guarantee no where near 50% of alfa owners take their new cars to the track or even drive that hard. wrong crowd. i doubt most even know which are teh driven wheels, much more concerned by teh pretty leather (and it IS pretty) and a sunroof. But they have been doing well here in Melbourne at least.

i fancy we would be happier if alfa was marketed much like lotus is now, very pure and barebones.... but then how many does lotus sell here in oz? like 3? toyota engines? $100k? no thanks...

at least alfa is cashed up a bit now and we are finally starting to see AWD and maybe even rwd in the future...
"Fun is an unintended, unforeseen, and usually undignified consequence of life."
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

lucass81 wrote:.......and all that gay shit.
..LOL. Not being a student of crapola, is gay shit that different? :D :D

NO NO, please don't respond. I don't REALLY want to know. Amongst all this blood letting, it was just a line that had me in stitches..

joey, so when are you getting your own hair drier to go with the leathers? Ha haaa. Long time no see big guy. Good to see you're back.