Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
GregTX
Silver
Silver

GTV6 Maratona - Austin, TX

Post by GregTX »

Greetings from Austin,

My name is Greg and I'm in the midst of the restoration of an '84 GTV6 Maratona. It's in very good shape, but has paint fade issues due to its orginal residence in California. No rust what-so-ever. Second Gear synchro needs attention. Thermo Time Switch issue. Master Cylinder needs a rebuild. Otherwise it's a beautiful car.

I bought it and drove it for a year, then parked it in the garage in dry storage for two years until I could get back to it. Lots of other projects kept me occupied. There is a ding in the nose, above the grill, but I think a decent bodyshop can take care of that. I would like to replace the black carpeting and black leather drivers seat (keeping both orig). Any leads?

Thanks, Greg
'85 Bitter SC 3.9 (www.Bittercars.com)
'84 Alfa Romeo GTV6 Maratona
'77 Mercedes Benz 450SEL 6.9
'67 Chrylser Imperial Convertible
'58 Lincoln Continental Mark III Convertible
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Hi Greg, would you have a pic of your Maratona at all..?
I'm from Australia and have no idea what a Maratona looks like!

The ding in the nose-You will be very surprised how long it will take a body shop to get that nose perfect again, that i've been thru. :cry: Just
try to get good replacement, but again, can be hard.

Did you want drivers seat replaced completley? Or just
replacing upholstery? I never knew an 84mdl would have factory leather seats...? :shock:

As for the carpet thats a good one....i think some others will
be able to help you with that one.... :wink:

Goodluck getting her sorted, and look forward to seeing your Maratona!!

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Ecu and injectors, lightened.....plays music.
hutchensgd
Gold
Gold

Post by hutchensgd »

Greg,

You may want to contact Reoriginals.com, located in Houston. They can probably get you the leather seat material you need. When I restored my 84 GTV-6, I got the leather for both the front and rear from this company. Pricey, but excellent quality. Everybody loves my interior!

Glenn
Glenn
GregTX
Silver
Silver

Post by GregTX »

The leather is torn at a seam on one drivers seat bolster and the leather is cracked in another section below the thigh bolster. Both should be easy enough to have an upholstery shop replace once I get the specific "pebble" texture leather that I need. The problem area's are in "panels" and the repair could be a very simple one. I'd consider a full replacement seat only because that could be the cheapest route. Besides that, the passenger seat, rear seat, and door panels are mint. The dash has the usual cracks from the California sun, and I'll attend to that pretty soon.

The "Maratona" was actually a dealer drived package here in the US and featured a black leather interior, sunroof, a/c, wooden steering wheel and shift knob, louvers for the rear hatch window, and a rather aggressive body package. All Maratona's were painted silver and the plastic panel on the hood was smoked and semi-transparent instead of opaque black. The final touch was set a of "phone dial" wheels that, unfortunately, were fitted with TRX Metric tires. I've heard that they made about 150 Maratona's... and the color combination really suites the car well. No telling how many are still out there on the road... or just "sleeping" in a garage someplace like mine is.