Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Rush, good to see another Alfa nut in SA. Some of your guys were up the weekend for the historic series at Swartkops this weekend. Sadly there was one major right( off105 series gtv). There was a 2litre berlina from CA that came past me(standard gtv6 2.5 motor only) in qualifying at such pace I thought it was one of those big V8. Whatever he has done to that motor you should find out if you looking for power down in cape Town. I did look at the motor to make sure it was not a twinspark or got a tiny turbo stuck on it.
I like the front spoiler on your Giulietta. Those are very professional pics.
Rush
Silver
Silver

Post by Rush »

Hi Kevin,
I know there's a few guys from the CARC that compete in the classic/historic series. The last time I was up your neck of the woods was in April/May for the National Convention. It was great to see the die-hard Alfisti's from all the different provinces.
I'm sure you recognise the spoiler on my Giulietta......it is an Alfetta GTV 3.0 item which has been customised slightly. The first four pictures were taken at Killarney in March for the SA Max Power magazine.
You can't call yourself a true petrolhead if you've never owned an Alfa Romeo - Jeremy Clarkson
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Rush wrote: Like your cars especially the 75 Turbo. I see you've sold it.......please kick yourself :) this is a collectors item. Do you compete with the GTV in circuit racing or is it just for fun ?
Collectors cars always seems nice to have when someone else have them, when you have them yourself it's just another piece of furniture. :roll: :wink:
Raced the GTV last Saturday actually, no video yet from the race but there are plenty of race videos on my site under "media".
Or maybe a direct link?

I still have a 75 T body which is not as original as the one I sold, I have it as a pipe-project and got some nice bits laying around for it... 8)
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

Real nice Mats..i like the split front rear view at Kinnekulle!!
nisaar
Gold
Gold

Post by nisaar »

Lekker Julie Boet

Is that the one that was in the speed and sound last year ?

The "Fastest Julie in Cape town" ?
Attachments
Motronic%20brochure.jpg
Motronic%20brochure.jpg (201.02 KiB) Viewed 7369 times
Lifes a journey? F*** the ride get there first ALFA ROMEO oo=v=oo
SlewofDamascus
Gold
Gold

The Red GTV-6

Post by SlewofDamascus »

Hey Mats, great vids.

Question: I was looking at race 1 from Kinnekulle (the most recent race in 2007, I believe, at the top of the page) and noticed you got stuck behind a red GTV-6 for the first 4 minutes. I was hoping you wouldn't mind taking me through that briefly. This individual appeared to be all over the road, almost a seeming danger perhaps, and I can understand why you waited as long as you did to get by him. I noticed he had good power in the straights (maybe more power than you?), but apparently it was too much for him. I kept rooting for you to get by him everytime he blew the turns, which was often, but he was veering back over dangerously afterwards, making the pass perilous.

I've never been on the racetrack in an automobile, so I don't want to be too hard on him, I'm sure it's harder than it looks, but would you say the driver that I am referring to represents the norm as to what you are facing out there on a regular basis or was his eratic cornering (and apparent disregard for anyone behind him) something that is unusual? To be honest, it seemed like he was creating an unsafe situation, I wouldn't much care to face that every time I went out on the track.

It seemed to me, that you showed extraordinary patience there, and I guess that takes time to learn (I would have been tempted very early to squeeze buy after one of his wide turns, and seeing how he "corrected" it probably would have led to me getting shut off abruptly, if not wrecked!). Were you frustrated for those 4 minutes?

Again, that was my observation from a camera that might not give a true reflection of what's happening, and of course I may lack the experience to be a good judge. I wanted to get your opinion on what was happening there, I'm hoping to get on the track sometime next year and I'd like to have an idea of what you're facing out there.

Thanks.

David B.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

nisaar wrote:Lekker Julie Boet

tHE only ONE Cape Town ?? :wink:
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Re: The Red GTV-6

Post by Mats »

Thnx David. I don't want to highjack this thread (too late?) but will give you a brief answer.
This is a race, it's not a trackday and in a race you want to be ahead of everybody else on the track. The car is a 24v 3.0 GTV6 (on this site actually here), He is driving perfectly fine, I have total trust in Mats. I don't "wait" to overtake him as such, I have 130hp, one does not simply drive past a car with almost double the amount of juice, I'm driving as fast as I can. :wink:
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
SlewofDamascus
Gold
Gold

Post by SlewofDamascus »

Yes, I apologize for hijacking, I became enamored with the vids and wanted to ask about that one in particular - in hindsight I should have pm'ed you, Mats. So, let me apologize to the group for my faux pas (sorry, everybody), and thanks for answering, Mats, I now understand what I am seeing in a better context.

Thanks.

David .
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

No need to throw yourself to the floor... :wink:

Checkthis out
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

Mats: the only thing Hijacking this thread is that nasty head shot of yours!!! :P :P :shock:
Rush
Silver
Silver

Post by Rush »

Thanks buddy. Yes, it was featured in the 2003 Speed and Sound magazine. Don't know if it's the fastest in Cape Town, but it goes very well :wink:
You can't call yourself a true petrolhead if you've never owned an Alfa Romeo - Jeremy Clarkson
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Hey Mats,

Hurry up and see a doctor will ya. You obviously got a serious nose hair problem blocking up everything. You are starting to suck up your own chin man.

I wouldn't try a do it yourself job with tweezers either cause those hairs look so tough I suspect that they are deep rooted and go all the way down to your nuts. One serious tug could leave you with a permanent squeeky voice mate.

Hurry. Could be fatal. :D :D
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Storm_X
Silver
Silver

Post by Storm_X »

Rush wrote:

Thanks buddy. Yes, it was featured in the 2003 Speed and Sound magazine. Don't know if it's the fastest in Cape Town, but it goes very well :wink:
how fast ?