Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
OzMidnight
Silver
Silver

Hi from Brisbane

Post by OzMidnight »

Nice forum you have here! I recently bought a 116 GTV 2.0 that I'm slowly working on with the hope to have it ready to once again race in hillclimbs next year.

I've dropped some photos on photobucket of the car as I bought it - I'm currently rewiring it and hope to have that done soon.

Attached are one or two images...more can be found if you want to search photobucket with my username from here.

Cheers,
Lee.
Last edited by OzMidnight on Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Non Illigitimi Carborundum
Rookie ROX
Gold
Gold

Post by Rookie ROX »

Very nice!

I quite like the switch panel! :lol:

ROCK ON
R~R
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Interesting front end. Could we see more detail of the upper control arm please. (perhaps with the wheel removed for clarity?)

Cheers, MD
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

MD wrote:Interesting front end. Could we see more detail of the upper control arm please. (perhaps with the wheel removed for clarity?)

Cheers, MD
Trust you Mike!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
OzMidnight
Silver
Silver

Post by OzMidnight »

The car as you see it there is how I bought it. I've not yet driven the car but its' times at some events a few years back suggest it will handle quite well. Mind you, I've not driven at a track for a few years now, so whatever times I do won't be indicative of the car anyway! :lol:

I'm stuck in the middle of doing jobs for other people and so I've had little time to do more with the car (typical, hey?) but I will try in the next week or three to take the pics you were asking for, MD.

And...the switch panel is gone. :D
OzMidnight
Silver
Silver

Post by OzMidnight »

MD, does this pic have enough detail for you?

MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Yes, thank you.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
OzMidnight
Silver
Silver

Dash is about done.

Post by OzMidnight »

All but finished off the dash, except for two or three wires I'm yet to delete. I think it looks alright! And yes, for those sharp of eyes, I WILL attach the gearshift boot properly one day soon. Second pic below was taken before the wiring was tidied up fully.

sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

impressive weight reduction LOL....its intresting to see the plate on the dash for the LHD stuff in a RHD car

you need to cage that critter
bcal
Gold
Gold

Post by bcal »

Hi mate,
I do a bit of hillclimbing too but not as serious as your setup.
I usually finish in the back third of the pack but really winning is not really what its about is it. So they say :wink:

I hope to do a bit better after I install the V6.

Our track, Huntley, is closed at the moment due to a fatality last year.
They won't reopen it until safety concerns are met.....and greedy developers have made their submissions to the council (it is in wollongong after all :roll: )

Anyway, enjoy.
Brett
OzMidnight
Silver
Silver

Post by OzMidnight »

sh0rtlife wrote:impressive weight reduction LOL....its intresting to see the plate on the dash for the LHD stuff in a RHD car

you need to cage that critter
It is caged!!! Not to the latest specs but it is logbooked so it can stay as it is.

bcal, I used to run a midfield road-registered class Suzuki - so I know exactly where you are coming from! This car has a stock'ish engine but for me will be plenty fast enough as it is. The previous owner seems to have spent a lot of time on the suspension so once I re-learn how to drive (and a RWD at that), perhaps then I will chase more power. I just wanted to get back into it and I think I will have plenty of fun with the car as it is.

I hope your hillclimb re-opens - hard enough to get new ones without closing old ones!
Last edited by OzMidnight on Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

so it is! :oops: ..im just used to seeing a tie bar running across where the dash would be for attaching the steering and gauges to as well as some rigidity
OzMidnight
Silver
Silver

Re: Hi from Brisbane

Post by OzMidnight »

Just a brief update...the car has been in storage for about 6 months and will be until the end of the year, when our new residence should be completed!

I had the car"ready" for what I thought would be its' first outing - even dowloaded the entry forms. Decided to do an output test on the alternator to decide if I would run the electrical circuit as a total loss system for one meeting, until I can track down the small alternator I want.

At about that point, the rear main seal let go.... I'll leave it there.