Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
Duk
Verde
Verde

Overdue Greetings.

Post by Duk »

This is my overdue personal introduction :oops: .

My name is Howard, but most people that know me call me Duck(Duk) (from the move Howard the Duck, for those that weren't exposed to such cimemattic brilliance :? ).

I live in Whyalla, South Australia, Australia (duh!!!). And it is typical of a smallish Australian industrial town, automotively backwards.

I think of my self as a non-flag waving car enthusiast. That is, I like cars based on their merrits, not because lots of other people like them (Ford/Holden).

My current toys are a 1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata, a 1988 Supercharged Toyota MR2 (with an added turbo :twisted: ) and a 1991 s13 Nissan Silvia with an R32 Skyline GTSt engine conversion (done by yours truly).
There are also lots of cars that I look forward to owning and modifying :D

I grew up with a father that had a like for Italian cars, and so my first car was a Fiat 132. Good fun, but I spent many a weekends during my apprentaship as a Fitter and Turner, fixing that old girl.
My second car was a 1980 Alfa Giullietta. That was a great car, and I had plenty of fun with her. One of the most memorable time was showing my old flatmate (broke/under-paid appentices) the virtues of the Alfa's balance the day after I bought her, by punting her enthusiasticly along a favourite piece of back country road. His reply was "That's the fastest I've ever been thru there :D "

I love cars. And I enjoy working on my own and helping others with their toys. I also get inspired by the personal efforts of other car enthusiasts. However, I don't have time for the cheque book car enthusiasts (wanna be's who only pay to have work done), posers in general, or those that are only into a car bread for a social reason.
To me, cars are there to be driven and enjoyed, not pollished and drooled over.

Well that's a short bit about me. Greetings to those I haven't had the pleasure of sharing with. And a big fat "HAHA!" to those who have had to endure me :P .

PS I can be a sarcatic bastard :wink: