Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
don hodgdon
Silver
Silver

Couple of Updates

Post by don hodgdon »

Greetings from Sunny California :)

Thought I'd post a couple of summer updates to the GTV6.

When I acquired the car in December of '06, I knew the head gaskets were bad. I managed to nurse it for about a year, but after failing smog this year it became obvious that the time had come to attack the problem. While it was in the shop we took the opportunity to address a couple of other issues, the non-working AC compressor was removed, 23 years of accumulated dirt and grease was scraped away, all cooling and heater hoses were replaced along with the water pump, thermostat, radiator reservoir, timing belt and O2 sensor. I also sent the injectors out to Cruzin Performance for refurbishing and we lowered the front end a bit.

A few before and after pics:
Attachments
Engine Before
Engine Before
Engine Left.jpg (119.98 KiB) Viewed 2591 times
Engine After
Engine After
162_6250.jpg (132.51 KiB) Viewed 2592 times
Before Lowering
Before Lowering
GTV6 Clover.jpg (142.98 KiB) Viewed 2591 times
After Lowering
After Lowering
162_6244.jpg (146.4 KiB) Viewed 2590 times
June 08_03.jpg
June 08_03.jpg (140.45 KiB) Viewed 2589 times
don
kevin
Verde
Verde

Re: Couple of Updates

Post by kevin »

Looks great. You would not say thats tha same engine bay. Go the extra mile and redo the windscreen washer bottle stickers. Lucky some chap did it here including the booster and battery cover ones with alot of extras which we all snapped up.
Enjoy your GTV
don hodgdon
Silver
Silver

Re: Couple of Updates

Post by don hodgdon »

Thanks Kevin. I haven't decided what to do about the underhood decals yet. I don't ever plan to enter another concours with the car and think it would look much nicer without the clutter. I'm also toying with the idea of simply removing the windshield reservoir altogether.

I've been spending the day reading about clutch replacement as that will be my next big repair. The car just about to turn 90k miles and still has the original clutch, which, although it doesn't slip, is beginning to rattle.

It never ends :roll:
don