Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
redalfaracing
Silver
Silver

hi, i'm Greg, and i'm an Alfaholic!

Post by redalfaracing »

I have been playing with Alfa's for about 7 years now. Started with a "79 Alfetta. Rusty old thing, my son Jamey and i used it for motorkhanas and autocross/ hillclimbs. Drove it for 2 years in standard class, no mods and road tyres. did ok, got some plastic trophies, won 1st standard class in the victorian autocross super series both years. decided to go rallying... what a blast. You may not drive your Alfas off the black top but let me tell you, when set up properly they sure hold their own. Fitted v6 torsion bars, removed every thing that wasn't required and lightened everything else. 75 discs calipers wheels, konis, twin spark 1st 2,875:1and 2nd 1.72:1, standard 3rd 1.35:1, 1.13:1 4th and a .946:1 5th with a 75 platinium lsd with 2 extra plates and a 4.3 final drive from a 1.8 75 and i have a weapon. weighs 1020 kgs ready to rally, 4th outright 1st rally, 1st under 2 litre and 1st novice 1st season, and that was with a bog standard engine( 10548 cams though)
Now i own 8 Alfas in various stages of decomposition. Still have the '79 Alfetta (but it is having a rebuild)
That leads me to why i joined this forum. I am building a GTV6 rally car. Figure it will probably go ok. Greg Carr won the Australian Rally Championship with a 2.5 GTV6 in 1987, but i am going to slot a 12 v 3.0 litre in mine. i have a '77 shell ready to cage and all the bits to bolt in, planning to have it ready to run in about June, do a couple of shake down rallies and get fair dinkum in the Alpine rally in December . If you guys have any sugestions on what the 3.0 litre needs ( bearing in mind a rally engine needs to have good mid range and pull 7k all day, i would welcome your input.
I'll chuck in a few pics of the alfetta or go here to view some more,http://www.ozrally.com.au/cgi-bin/photo ... ion=photos
Cheers, Greg
Daylight and loving it!
Daylight and loving it!
Copy (2) of begonia31.jpg (150.93 KiB) Viewed 2249 times
call was " turn very hard right" lots of hydraulic handbrake and we got round, love that soft european suspension!
call was " turn very hard right" lots of hydraulic handbrake and we got round, love that soft european suspension!
05DerrickWyatt.jpg (177.36 KiB) Viewed 2249 times
Greg Wyatt
RedAlfaRacing

1979 Alfetta Rally Car
3.0 litre GTV6 Project Rally Car
Yard full of wrecks
Sheds full of parts
PietereQ
Platinum
Platinum

Re: hi, i'm Greg, and i'm an Alfaholic!

Post by PietereQ »

Great to see any transaxle alfa rallying! Although most guys here are into racing, you'll surely find answers to any question concerning these cars here. Welcome to the forum!