Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
Exception
Silver
Silver

Its just me! Hello!

Post by Exception »

Hello fellow GTVisti!

Ive been on the forums a while, back when it was still a bit silly :) Good to see how it has grown, congratulations!

I'm an eternal student, having studied Industrial Design Engineering in Delft, the Netherlands, and now probably going to Yale to study architecture, if I find the cash. I'm taking my beloved GTV6 with me.

I really don't have a cent to spare, so I spend most of my money running after the facts of the car, so regular maintenance is more than too expensive for me : ) But I do it for a cause, I love this thing. It is therefore not tuned at all, and it has several malfunctions, which make me terribly sad. I did get CSC headers for my birthday from a few friends some time ago. So the specs of my car would be this:

- Antracite US Spec GTV6 2.5
- Yellow headlights
- CSC Header system
- Greg Graham's Red Silicone tubing & AAV (working great Greg!)
- 75 Amp Alternator (From a 75 I think?)
- Central Door locking (handy cause the locks fell into the door a while ago)
- Standard car with Smoke upgrade
- Aircon with no-functioning action!
- Custom intermittent Speedo operation
- The famous 'Whoooo' sound when parking from the left front wheel
- Highy exceptional Hypertuned grinding noise in 2nd gear synchro
- Stunning Badly functioning wipers (voltage drop problem)
- Fantastic Interior assembled from two different cars, blue leather and black fabric, and sun cracked dashboard...
- Special US style blank layer paint which chips off over time

Hey, but it Runs! And pretty decently too, it never let me down even once. I try to use quality parts for replacements when I can afford them, which perhaps might save me in the long run.
My electric windows work fine, what's everyone complaining of? hihi...

Back in 1977 my mother bought her Alfetta GTV 2.0. After more than 15 years of trusty service I took it over from her. That car died of corroded chassis parts, just after it was completely sprayed over too...
So I bought this one, an Arizona import, without rust! Been driving it daily since.
The engine's not so brilliant any more, it smokes a bit when started and I have trouble keeping up with more modern light tuned compacts. That is really sad, I wish I could give this car what it deserves, but, there's no money...
Its also due to the reaaaaallllyyyy loooooonnnnnggg ratio US '81 gearbox that's in. Man, it's comfortable but darn slow! That will be the first thing I'd like to upgrade after the engine.

There's also no money because I pretend to be an artist. I make many photographs, mostly of gritty things, like old factory complexes. Since people find my photo's professional, I'm not allowed to participate in amateur-competitions to gain a name and some money. Pretty ironic isn't it?
Well, I will try to focus on my architecture for now, and take my alfa to the US. Probably it will be cheaper for me to maintain it there. I was hoping to do a 3.0 conversion without too much fuss, since this engine is not going to hold out much longer. Its mostly because this 2.5 has run over 400 000 kilometers already, and it needs its rest, not because I need much more power.

I did always fancy having a small LCD touch panel in the car on which I could tune the car while running.

I attached my favorite photo of my gtv6. Its like all my photo's: gritty and abstract in a way. I really like it.
I also attached a shitty photo that just shows it as it is. I never like car photos the ordinary way, really, but it gives a better impression.

I also attached a photo of my favorite car. I'm not being blasphemous here because it's also a giugiaro design. : )
Attachments
alfa_sm.jpg
alfa_sm.jpg (237.92 KiB) Viewed 2424 times
gtv6-2.jpg
gtv6-2.jpg (130.7 KiB) Viewed 2426 times
delorean.jpg
delorean.jpg (178.76 KiB) Viewed 2428 times