Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
Terafrost
Gold
Gold

85 FCM edition in Tasmania, Australia

Post by Terafrost »

G'day all...

Been lurking here for a while and have finally sorted out my GTV6 after a heart-wrenching episode in which my first one was stolen after 3 weeks of ownership. To cut a long story short, a previous owner had lowered it beyond a sensible point and it wouldn't get down my driveway without shaving my exhaust every day. Sure enough, she went. I got her back, but the pricks who stole her decided it would be fun to simply flog it, (apparantly without using the clutch) so blew both heads, shredded a few synchros and the driveshaft was slipping quite badly on the spline. The car has since gone on to better, more capable hands who will undertake a restoration in the near future. :?

Anyway! The replacement is a 1985 2.5 FCM edition with 127k km (78000 miles) on the clock. Grigio Chiaro metallic paint. The FCM edition came from the factory with body coloured bumpers and grill, black and green door protector stripes and Momo steering wheel/shifter. I believe it was an Australia-only dealer option. This is all I know about the model so if anybody has any more info on it, please share!

Underneath is a freshly rebuilt box, new springs, shocks, brake rotors and rebuilt calipers (brembos on the front), poly bushes etc. Has been looked after very well and runs like a dream.

Unfortunately not driving it at the moment as a mate of mine knocked a HUGE hole in the front right downpipe and needs replacing. Perfect opportunity for a less restrictive system. Hopefully done by next week!

Needs a good clean, but you get the idea...
Back.jpg
Back.jpg (224.99 KiB) Viewed 4264 times
FCM
FCM
FCM.jpg (187.8 KiB) Viewed 4265 times
Front.jpg
Front.jpg (251.88 KiB) Viewed 4261 times
Nice and tidy... Forgive the Marshall jacket on the floor there ;)
Nice and tidy... Forgive the Marshall jacket on the floor there ;)
Interior.jpg (232.07 KiB) Viewed 4262 times
Dash was re-skinned a few years back
Dash was re-skinned a few years back
Dash.jpg (221.42 KiB) Viewed 4262 times
Alex

1985 GTV6
1983 GTV6 - Project
1985 ALFA 90 GCL - in many, many pieces... Anyone?
1987 ALFA 75 TwinSpark - Now running around Victoria.
GTV27
Platinum
Platinum

Re: 85 FCM edition in Tasmania, Australia

Post by GTV27 »

FCM = Frank Crott Motors (just a guess)
Jason
1983 GTV6 2.8 litre
Terafrost
Gold
Gold

Post by Terafrost »

How could I have missed that?! With the big Frank Crott Motors sticker in the rear window and everything! I thinks my eyes could do with some use perhaps?
Thanks for enlightening me.
Alex

1985 GTV6
1983 GTV6 - Project
1985 ALFA 90 GCL - in many, many pieces... Anyone?
1987 ALFA 75 TwinSpark - Now running around Victoria.
biker-linz
Silver
Silver

Post by biker-linz »

Just when you think life can't get any more surprising!!

I have wanted a GTV6 since I was 15. I finally indulged myself, and picked my GTV6 up from Devonport (Northern Tas) yesterday morning.

There was me thinking there wouldn't be many around this part of the world; I came on the forum to say hi, and about the first post I read is someone else in Hobart with a GTV6!!!

Just to say I am very happy, even though my new baby isn't quite as clean as yours and needs a little work.

L.
1983 Alfa Romeo GTV6 2.5
Hobart, Tasmania
AUSTRALIA
biker-linz
Silver
Silver

Post by biker-linz »

Just when you think life can't get any more surprising!!

I have wanted a GTV6 since I was 15. I finally indulged myself, and picked my GTV6 up from Devonport (Northern Tas) yesterday morning.

There was me thinking there wouldn't be many around this part of the world; I came on the forum to say hi, and about the first post I read is someone else in Hobart with a GTV6!!!

Just to say I am very happy, even though my new baby isn't quite as clean as yours and needs a little work.

L.
1983 Alfa Romeo GTV6 2.5
Hobart, Tasmania
AUSTRALIA
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Welcome to the Forum biker-linz.
You have just scored yourself arguably the best affordable Alfa ever made. Keep it well serviced, garaged and well flogged to show it who's boss and you will have a ball.

PS- you may care to remove your double post.

Cheers,
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
biker-linz
Silver
Silver

Post by biker-linz »

Thanks MD. Mine needs a little love, but the sound it makes is to die for!
My wife was a little scathing until she drove it. She was gone so long I thought she'd had a prang and went out looking for her.
Next thing I know she drives past with this big grin on her face. We both pulled over, I walked up to her and said "Well, what do you think?"
"I LOVE IT!!"
So the Alfa is now a welcome new addition to the family. Even my 2 y/o daughter loves it.
L.
PS Sorry about the double post, not sure how to delete one?
1983 Alfa Romeo GTV6 2.5
Hobart, Tasmania
AUSTRALIA