Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Greg Gordon, I am back!

Post by Greg Gordon »

Hello everyone!

I was off the forum for about four months, but now I am back. I lost my flying job, but was lucky enough to get another. I had to do a lot of training and stay focused on that, so I forced myself to stay away from distractions.

For you aviation types, my old airline furloughed about 400 out of 500 pilots and I quickly found out that 727 experience doesn't count for much anymore. I was lucky enough to get on with an international carrier flying 757, and 767s. I finished training and got my PIC type a couple weeks ago.

On the automotive front, I have some cool projects to unveil soon.

Greg Gordon,
www.hiperformancestore.com
www.okinjectors.com
bteoh
Platinum
Platinum

Re: Greg Gordon, I am back!

Post by bteoh »

Welcome back.....Glad all is well :) :) :)

Brian
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

Greg Gordon wrote:Hello everyone!

I was off the forum for about four months, but now I am back. I lost my flying job, but was lucky enough to get another. I had to do a lot of training and stay focused on that, so I forced myself to stay away from distractions.

For you aviation types, my old airline furloughed about 400 out of 500 pilots and I quickly found out that 727 experience doesn't count for much anymore. I was lucky enough to get on with an international carrier flying 757, and 767s. I finished training and got my PIC type a couple weeks ago.

On the automotive front, I have some cool projects to unveil soon.

Greg Gordon,
http://www.hiperformancestore.com
http://www.okinjectors.com

Hey hey hey!! Congrats!!!! quite a nice change from the 727 to the 767/757!!!

Gorgeous airplanes, one of the best there is!! I wasn't as lucky as you and didn't get to fly the 767, only did the ground training before they dropped the european route....and what did I trade for?? a nice CRJ900 :? ....it's not a bad airplane...but boy I miss the boeing!!

:D
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

I actually liked the 727 a lot more. It goes a lot faster and there is a lot less button pushing, you actually fly it.

Greg
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

Greg Gordon wrote:I actually liked the 727 a lot more. It goes a lot faster and there is a lot less button pushing, you actually fly it.

Greg

I know what you mean, there's a captain that is a friend of mine over here that flew 707's, 727's, 737's and the 767 and he said that the 727 was the airplane he liked the most, fast as hell and beautiful to fly...
Now one of my best friend's that flew the 757 told me that it's like flying a big 737 with huge engines, we use to fly short 130 mile trips from Montevideo to Buenos Aires with it...quite interesting on takeoff and much more interesting on landing at Aeroparque on a 40m wide runway... :D
rz
Platinum
Platinum

Post by rz »

hi greg, glad to have you back here .
finally you fly a modern plane now :lol:
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

That's the truth, at least it's modern by my standards. The 757 came out a long time ago, but the 767 is still in production.

Greg
MR2 Zig
Verde
Verde

Post by MR2 Zig »

that 757 is a brand spanking new thing!!!

Of course the last I flew was an hour in a Beech 18 that was built in the 40's.

I wish I could come up with a way to fly for a living that wouldn't break the bank.
MR1 Zig (I made rate!)
Machinery Repairman USNR
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

I hear you! I took a huge cut in pay for this new job. Not much choice though...

Greg Gordon,
www.hiperformancestore.com
www.okinjectors.com
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

Great to hear Greg- I'm sure you'll miss the hands on aspect of the 727- I'm already seeing how easy it is to become dependant on the automatics- thank heavens it's a Boeing- each time I get in the sim I hand fly a raw data approach with no flt director just to make sure I can still do it!
Fixing it bit by bit....
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

I do miss the 727, both the hands on aspect, and the ability to pass up just about everyone else in the sky.

It was tough, at least for me to get comfy with all the automation, but there really isn't much choice. Since they removed the flight engineer from the newer generation of airplanes you really need the automation to reduce the workload. That plus the fact that it's really hard to find a job, and I was lucky to get on with a company gave me a PIC type in the 757/767 right away.

Jules: Send me a PM to let me know where you are flying, we may be able to meet up somewhere. I am heading out today and will probably be in Europe sometime next week.

Greg
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

Greg Gordon wrote:I do miss the 727, both the hands on aspect, and the ability to pass up just about everyone else in the sky.

It was tough, at least for me to get comfy with all the automation, but there really isn't much choice. Since they removed the flight engineer from the newer generation of airplanes you really need the automation to reduce the workload. That plus the fact that it's really hard to find a job, and I was lucky to get on with a company gave me a PIC type in the 757/767 right away.

Jules: Send me a PM to let me know where you are flying, we may be able to meet up somewhere. I am heading out today and will probably be in Europe sometime next week.

Greg
Do you get to fly to south america?? i'm going to madrid next month for my recurrent sim training...if any of you guys is around it would be a pleasure to meet you :D
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

I don't go to South America right now, but in the future, who knows?
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

Greg Gordon wrote:I don't go to South America right now, but in the future, who knows?
Send a pm! I'll be more than happy to invite you over with a few beers if you are around, so far we go as far north as Sao Paulo, are you still on the cargo business or you traded for the passenger flights??
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

It's a passenger carrier.