Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
MilanoEvoFreak
Silver
Silver

Hello Im a New Member! i Have 2 Milano's ! :-)

Post by MilanoEvoFreak »

Hello to all Members! I am so Happy to have found your Forum, i have been searching for quite a while but, i did not find anything as good as this! I am glad that i see there good people with good information here, with some awesome cars!
I have 2 Alfa Romeo Milano, First - 1987 Milano Verde V6 3.0L (without fender flares)
Second - 1989 Milano Verde Quadrifoglio V6 3.0L with all the Verde Options.

The 1987 was bought brand new by my father, after 13 years of ownership my dad sold it to a guy that has a Alfa Romeo Collection. Alfa Montreal, GTV6 Twin Turbo Callaway and many more.... About 2 years Ago i finally found the guy Located in Montreal Canada. Believe it or not he still had my Dad's Car so, i bought it back...... This Milano had a color code error in Italy the car's paint was darker then it was supposed to be but the dealership asked my dad if he still wanted it or they would repaint it. he said no he liked it that way. 8)

So the 1987 is going into transformation to be a Evoluzione Race Car (full body kit+Race everything... brakes, suspension, roll cage, engine, tranny, etc....), I want to do closed circuit racing/time attack. I have a long way ahead of me i need to build everything, and from what i see here many people has parts or info about these cars, this makes me really happy and i appreciate already the help or comments i am going to get from you. I am a Mercedes-Benz certified Mechanic and i do all my mechanics and built all my custom parts my self. i have been working in a Hig Performance shop for many years. I started by removing the engine to see what i am going to do with this 3.0L this is going to be a long process but ill document everything and take many pictures for the forum.

So for the 1989 it's a Milano Verde Quadrifoglio, I got Koni yellow shocks, Lowered Coil springs, Alfa Romeo 5 spoke Wheels and i am starting to work on this the car is in perfect condition but it's not going to stay stock, it will stay a summer street driver. anyways ill get to know you guys and check out all the post and learn more everyday im here to stay Take care and happy posting ill be here often!
Attachments
The 1989 Verde Quadrifoglio
The 1989 Verde Quadrifoglio
Milano 22.jpg (87.8 KiB) Viewed 3930 times
Milano 21.jpg
Milano 21.jpg (167.44 KiB) Viewed 3930 times
The 1987 Milano Future Evoluzione race car transformation
The 1987 Milano Future Evoluzione race car transformation
Milano2 2.JPG (137.81 KiB) Viewed 3930 times
Milano2 9.JPG
Milano2 9.JPG (70.65 KiB) Viewed 3930 times
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Re: Hello Im a New Member! i Have 2 Milano's ! :-)

Post by Greg Gordon »

Nice cars, welcome to the forum.

Greg Gordon,
www.hiperformancestore.com
www.okinjectors.com
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Welcome to transaxle city.

For a track car it is the usual practice to start with a good shell and then fit custom parts to it and progressively turn it into a race car.

Stripping down a good car for this purpose seems a bit of a wsste but I suppose if you have two, well, maybe it is not so bad.

Good luck with your plans and I look forward to seeing the evolution.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
MilanoEvoFreak
Silver
Silver

Post by MilanoEvoFreak »

Hello "Greg Gordon" and "MD",

Thanks for the Warm Welcome im Simon! i am Very happy to be a part of this forum now, you will see my project's from A to Z and we will get to know each other well!

Greg, WOW OMG i have been reading for 3 straight hours on the website you sent me "http://www.hiperformancestore.com/"
As a high performance tech i agree a 100% with everything said on that website and actually i think alike, witch is a good thing. Most mechanics think differently.....
I am going to be a great costumer of that owner, i am calling them this week or the next one without a doubt. thank you for that link i really needed somebody like that.

MD wrote:Welcome to transaxle city.

For a track car it is the usual practice to start with a good shell and then fit custom parts to it and progressively turn it into a race car.

Stripping down a good car for this purpose seems a bit of a wsste but I suppose if you have two, well, maybe it is not so bad.

Good luck with your plans and I look forward to seeing the evolution.
Hey MD i truly understand what you mean (trust me i know), BUT it's NOT going to waste! it's going to be a custom Evoluzione Race Car! and ill still have the 1989 Verde for the street!
The reason why i didn't want to get an other empty shell, is this car is in perfect condition and i don't have anymore room, and my dad passed away (he was a sporty driver) so i want to use that car as my race car since it was my dad's. Last summer i had 6 Mercedes-Benz's i sold 3 already to start these project's, and i am going to be selling 2 more.... so i am going to end up with 1 Benz, 1 1987 Milano and 1 1989 Verde. so less cars means more budget and more time to spent on the Alfa's so i can make them real super cars you know what i mean? 8) :D
killaz
Platinum
Platinum

Post by killaz »

Welcome Simon! :D
MilanoEvoFreak
Silver
Silver

Post by MilanoEvoFreak »

killaz wrote:Welcome Simon! :D
Thank you man! ill update with lot's of pictures soon!