Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Re: My rebuild!

Post by SydneyJules »

Thanks Joe, thanks Z-

Garth. It's all Zender (it will have the full kit minus wing on it). Have you got alfpa bumpers on yours?

I think it's the camera angle Z- but I'll check it out when I get a wheel alignment soon.
Fixing it bit by bit....
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Yeah i have a zender front and rear, but have never had the skirts, photo isnt that clear but you can see them. The side skirt i have is ok, but it doesnt suit the front and rear bar.

Can you get anymore by any chance?

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Ecu and injectors, lightened.....plays music.
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

Your side skirt is off the gp kit.... I can't mate- I bought a full original kit from a guy who lived in Geelong (drove from Sydney, there and back in a night!).... I don't really wanna make a mould now they're on the car....

I may be able to help you with GP kit stuff....
Fixing it bit by bit....
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Thats ok thanks anyway mate. :wink:

Selling 1985 GTV6.

SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

The other option is to remove the skirt all together- it will really accentuate the bumpers- you'll need to have the holes filled- my mate had this with the black trim piece along the doors on 17s and it looked great- Garth, how are your 18s? What size and et are they, and what rubber do you run? Do they rub?
Fixing it bit by bit....
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

Can you post a pic for me?
Fixing it bit by bit....
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

I dont run the 18's anymore. Went back to the Zender rims. The 18's were fine and didnt rub. The 18's have 35mm profile, so they are exactly same rolling diameter as the 15" wheel with a high wall tyre.

Selling 1985 GTV6.

SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

Do you remember details? Size and offset, what rubber? I'm contemplating bbs lm 18" replicas...
Fixing it bit by bit....
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

I have no idea mate sorry. But i would get 17's if i was you, then there legal. Even though rolling diameter is the same, the police dont know that, 3 inches over is 3 inches over. :wink:

Selling 1985 GTV6.

MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Hey jules !

Mate on a lighter note, I am sorry to hear you're going for a 3" enlargement. :mrgreen:
Naturally with a problem of that magnitude, you never want to be caught by the fuzz.
(You know how painful that can be !!) :mrgreen: :wall:
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
la_strega_nera
Platinum
Platinum

Post by la_strega_nera »

Man, I know you love your big wheels on these things, but they look goofy to me! And after running 17s on the 164 every day, I definitely wouldn't be in a hurry to run 18s on our shitty roads.
1966 GTV
1982 Suzuki "Bathurst" Katana
1995 Cagiva Mito (race kitted 250 powered)
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

In the end its each to their own. You dont want to spend the money, and then have a traffic cop look at your tyre placard and say- "Your 3inches over mate, heres a 7 day notice for an inspection." So then your back home, swapping your wheels over. In the end i just put my 15's back on. I will be running 17's sometime soon. But for now performance is the only thing on my mind.
Also if you dont spend good money on light rims, the 18's will be heavy. The weight difference between my Zender rims and the 18's is scary. I can lift the zenders with 2 fingers, very light rims.

I think 17's are the best size. Legal, and lighter.
If you really want 18's, i'd run them on the back only, and have 17's up front. 8)

Selling 1985 GTV6.

SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

Yeah I know - 18s can make a gtv6 look a bit goofy- there's not enough room for good Side walled tyres, so they look under tyres and you shake the crap out of everything!

I was so set on some Bb5 LMs... They would look great.... But I won't get 18x8s to fit without rubbing... Not ideal for a street rim. You can get the wheels put on an engineer cert in nsw and it legalises them- you just show the certificate if you get asked. I've got brakes and everything on there. Then the cops just look and admire before saying. "drive safe, have a nice day!".

I need help with getting parts of my fuel filler system together again... I've forgotten how the fuel nozzle and surrounds attached... Can someone pls post a pic?

In other news, the rear hubs are hard work to swap.... I've done the fronts. Easy.

Getting a local race car prep guy and Alfa nut to have a look over the car on Sunday. He'll help with puttin the rs stuff on and getting it ready for rego.

He's suggesting a modded dedion with camber and toe (in from memory) mods, with a lower watts link mount.

Anywhere to get an sz spherical bearing?

Ordered carpet, ordering seals from mrfiat.com in a week or two.

Trimmer started on door trims and rear cards (finally).
Once I have them and the seals, I can put the windows and frames back in and concentrate on seat rails (mine were shot- got a set of 84 rails in ok condition from a mate) and prepping the car too drive
Fixing it bit by bit....
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Will post some pics tomorrow for you if no one else has by then. This will make me want to pull the tank out and clean it... :shock:

Selling 1985 GTV6.

kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Jules , I emailed you some pics of 16" on a gtv . To me this is the best all-round comfort , vs roll centre ( handling) size . They just need to drop that gtv lower in the pic .
About the sz bearing . It's an absolute bitch to put in and normally easier to remove dedion .you also need the the washer to knock in afterwards . I got mine from Ron . I would not do it again for the effort unless it was 100% track car .