Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
andy_xx
Silver
Silver

Re: Andy´s ex-white GTV6 (CZ) - pearl green

Post by andy_xx »

I just found rear engine mount (underneath the car) damaged...also the one rear gearbox bushing is weak

anyone has experience with the following? http://forums.evolutionm.net/04-06-lanc ... roach.html

I´ve also found the reason of the noise - center de dion uniball damaged, therefore the front of the dedion is moving up and down a knocking :-/ ... I know Performatec and RSR is making SZ uniballs, however the price is too much..therefore I´m thinking about superflex http://www.superflex.co.uk/products.php?cat=17&pg=2
Suppose I need it for 119 body series? ...the GTV is made in 85.
andy_xx
Silver
Silver

Post by andy_xx »

I´m looking for rear brake discs, are they compatible (GTV6 made in 85) with Alfa Romeo 75 V6 ?.. I´ve found at least 2 types (same diameter 250mm, same center hole, thickness...)
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

I have used both uniball from RS and the poly bush from performatek . I have had no problems with either . The uniball is much harder to install as I needed the Dedion to be out so I could heat the tube . Also I added a spacer in to prevent it from sliding up nd down .
The poly bush also needs a tool which can be home made so you don't cut the bush . Make sure no sharp edges . I think Greg had issues with poly bush but can't remember . We have them in most of our race GTV due to cost of uniball and ease of installation .
The discs differ between the 2.0 and the 2.5 as holes are 8mm and 10 mm for cv bolts . If we could only get 2.0 discs we just drilled them bigger.
Try highwoodalfa or ebspares in UK as they have in stock .
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (194.92 KiB) Viewed 12769 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

If using RS uniball you need these clips which you can order but need a spot weld on top .
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (220.72 KiB) Viewed 12768 times
andy_xx
Silver
Silver

Post by andy_xx »

thanks Kevin!
andy_xx
Silver
Silver

Post by andy_xx »

my two loves together :) Image
andy_xx
Silver
Silver

Post by andy_xx »

time to change also the gearbox oil, last time I´ve used Liqui Moly 85w-90 LS http://www.liqui-moly.de/liquimoly/medi ... 0LS_EN.pdf

so far so good, however to be on the safe side what to use besides Agip Rotra LSX 75W90? I know JimK recommends Valvoline 80w-90 GL5 for LSD, however I cannot find it in local store.
The gearbox is fitted with 50% LSD and when going thru topics on this site or alfabb somebody says to NOT USE LSD oils as manual is not mentioning it...so it´s quite confusing.
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Hmmm , nice pic . The redline 75w90 NS oil is our tried and trusted oil for our cars with LS boxes And its great on the synchros . There is also the version with no NS . The redline agent explained the NS is for track racing but you will hear chattering when reversing or moving car in pits while the non NS version is more for rallying with lots of slow corners . The NS is the degree blend in the friction modifiers when the LS engages . Note whatever oil you use it must be an EP rated which I believe is a minimum Api Gli 4 as our pinion is spherical bevel not a cylindrical like in the Scooby 4wd .
See this link
http://www.redlineoil.com/product.aspx?pid=47&pcid=7
andy_xx
Silver
Silver

Post by andy_xx »

thanks Kevin. One more question :) ..when changing the front and rear guibo, do I also need to balance the driveshaft or is it only necessry when changing the middle one?
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Its only necessary when changing the middle one . Even if we split the prop and re use the middle coupling and th prop is put back in same marked place , we still rebalance as the center bolts might tighten up in fractionally different positions and thus cause vibration as prop will be fractionally out of alignment . This is just from our experience and what always works for us . Make sure the spigot bush in centre goes in perfectly as this will create huge vibration which you will quickly ind out as you start car . We also also only tighten the pinch bolt in the font after we start car so we know prop has settled in correct position and their is no tension on couplings . Don't rev car , just let idle for few seconds then tighten up pinch bolt .
andy_xx
Silver
Silver

Post by andy_xx »

Decided to change oil sump gasket due to leaking, however discovered I´m unable to get any replacement in our local stores, therefore my mechanic was thinking to make paper gasket (as the gasket is 2mm thick, he thought to put two 1mm paper gaskets).
Any ideas gents?

edit, does anybody know whether handbrake cable is same on GTV6 and 75?
MR2 Zig
Verde
Verde

Post by MR2 Zig »

The handbrake cable is longer on the Milano / 75. I'm trying to get the right one myself.
MR1 Zig (I made rate!)
Machinery Repairman USNR
GTV42.0
Silver
Silver

Post by GTV42.0 »

Nice car Andy.
andy_xx
Silver
Silver

Post by andy_xx »

There was a trackday (plus some tuning, drag races, historic touring cars incl. Giulia GTA etc) here in Czech rep. in Brno racetrack last weekend. The GTV6 survived (180km from home to the Brno) than about 25minutes on racetrack, and than 180km back home, however... :)

Pic of me and my mates waiting in car park just before entering the circuit....
Attachments
j.jpg
j.jpg (67.2 KiB) Viewed 12354 times
after 20 minutes of driving on the circuit we met again at the different place (on almost 6km racetrack:)
after 20 minutes of driving on the circuit we met again at the different place (on almost 6km racetrack:)
d.jpg (71.31 KiB) Viewed 12354 times
andy_xx
Silver
Silver

Post by andy_xx »

I must admit the Alfa did better than Renault Clio Sport as it survived one more lap :-D Fortunately I had to fix only accelerator cable rather than almost loosing a front wheel on the Renault due to faulty factory wheel bolts /therefore there is a lot of wheel stud conversion kits for the Clio out there :)

some other pics https://www.flickr.com/photos/soutor/se ... 3540686374