Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

How about moving new stuff to the gearbox section guys?

Hey Mr. Z. Where's your whip ? er second thoughts, don't answer that.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
tomp
Gold
Gold

Post by tomp »

All my stuff is old ;)
ok.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

James,How deep did your machinist go into the width of the gears?(% wise)
I see sharp edges in the corners and that might be a concern..Fatigue cracking and the sorts..

I reckon if you cast iron shot blast these(only the exposed machined surface)they will be good.
This was the reason I spark eroded mine..That and the fact I did not have the cutting tools to break the skin of the gear :oops: )Large radii and no more than 40% removed..This was figured by a mate of mine with analytical blah blah at Denel,our bankrupted arms manufacturer..
This box has been exposed to track days and close to 300hp for the last 5 years...Untill recently I used the car as a daily driver as well (That was untill the gearbox exploded..JOKE!)
No,She is actually getting revamped..

MD,talking of boxes,hows yer sis..sorry,wrong forum...Getting your box finally and hope to ship some next week..mail you..
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.