Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
Eldorado
Silver
Silver

G'day from Eldorado

Post by Eldorado »

Hi All,

Been reading this forum for many years, so first up a quick thanks to all the dedicated Transaxle drivers and contributors here. I have learnt a lot of time and money saving tricks from your posts so thanks again.

l drive a 75ts which l brought from the first owner about 5 years ago now. It has 270,000ks on the clock, thankfully mostly country ks. It has been a ripper little car and continues to be reliable and always fun to drive. It would be safe to say l love this car, it's shape, it performance, a real eye opener in many ways. l have driven it 6hrs to attend a two day track day at Philip island, run it around the track, camped out of it's boot that night, run it flat out again the next day, then driven it back to Eldorado with as little as adjusting tyre pressures. I have so much respect for it ability to just go and do it, even in it's standard form. This little car has taught me much!

Like most of you guys on her l have another Alfa, this one is an 1984 Alfetta GTV. A lovely little car, in excellent condition. I have recently reconditioned the engine with a few extras, nothing to serious. It has a beautiful close ratio tranaxle which l installed into the car. That seems to help it around the track and the fun level increases out of sight. Even when normal driving around some of our Alpine roads it's a noticeable benefit and makes you grin even more. The GTV shape is timeless and a true masterpiece, if only Alfa made them into the early 90's with the ts engine and a few refinements, but that's another topic.

Cheers Paul
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Re: G'day from Eldorado

Post by fedezyl »

Hey welcome! An alfetta GTV is next on my to have list!

Pics!! :D
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Nice to meet you Eldorado. :)

Your cars sounds great, could you post some pics? :P

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Ecu and injectors, lightened.....plays music.
Eldorado
Silver
Silver

Post by Eldorado »

just getting used to posting on here, hope the photo goes up.
I'm a bit green with forums. :wink:
Cheers
Attachments
75 in the rain at Winton.jpg
75 in the rain at Winton.jpg (198.26 KiB) Viewed 8467 times
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

Welcome here!

next time close the door on the 75 when the seatbelt is inside the car. :wink: :mrgreen:

looking forward to seeing pics of the GTV. :wink:

greetings Remco
Drive it like you stole it...
Eldorado
Silver
Silver

Post by Eldorado »

Yes, although a little large.
Another one, this time in the dry at Winton.
Attachments
wwrs.jpg
wwrs.jpg (177.33 KiB) Viewed 8463 times
Eldorado
Silver
Silver

Post by Eldorado »

The GTV, 97 is mine, this photo was taken the last time l had it out at the track. It has a more serious set up for track days chassis wise and hopefully now the new engine will help it get up and boogie.
Cheers
Attachments
GTV Winton.jpg
GTV Winton.jpg (221.31 KiB) Viewed 8460 times
Eldorado
Silver
Silver

Post by Eldorado »

The smiling assassin and good mate Gully to the right. Gully drives the silver GTV on the right, it has a ts engine, the last time out on the track we had a ball drafting and running around side by side, seriously good fun.

Cheers
Attachments
GTV on the grid.jpg
GTV on the grid.jpg (193.3 KiB) Viewed 8460 times
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Hey, welcome to the Forum Eldorado. A little remiss of me not to notice you joining earlier.
Now that you are here, I am sure the you will find this a friendly fraternity dedicated to the best afordable road cars Alfa ever made. As good as they are from the factory, most of us here just want to make them as good as they can be either by restoration, modification and/or both. So as you have noticed already, there is a wealth of background info here.

Safe to say, some guys on this Forum would drive their transaxle into the bedroom and tuck it in under the blankets but the only control factor is having to avoid a hard on. :mrgreen:

Cheers big ears.

MD
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Eldorado
Silver
Silver

Post by Eldorado »

G'day Shaggy MD,

I was wondering when you would come out from under the Cab and say G'day. Don't know why l didn't joined this forum earlier, anyway starting to get a feel for how it works.

See you in my mirrors. :lol:

Paul
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Talk about your mirrors, you must mean the ones used by your barber to check out your finished short back and sides haircut..?? :D

Yeah, you should bring up a set of mirrors to QR. Taking the Cab out on Thursday for around 120 laps to do some testing on my new coupling shroud that we made. See if it is up to the job. If it is, then we are going out again on Sunday for AROCA's annual Festival of Italian Motorsport event for some more pedal to the metal thrill seeking.

Eat ya heart out fella.. :D

BTW for all you Yank types, USA is not the only place with an Eldorado. There's a friendly little place in the state of Victoria with the same name . Google it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eldorado,_Victoria
Eldorado
Silver
Silver

Post by Eldorado »

Here is a photo from our Tranaxles and log fires weekend.
Part of the Sunday morning line up about depart the Eldorado Station for a day of touring around North East Victoria's lower Alpine Valley and Gap roads.
We are planing to do it all again next year, if anyone is interested please let me know.
2013 Tranaxles and Log fires will roll out some time in June or July, more details to follow.

Cheers Paul
Attachments
Sunday -Transaxles and log fires tour..jpg
Sunday -Transaxles and log fires tour..jpg (222.72 KiB) Viewed 8440 times
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

I'm in victoria also eldorado, would love to hit those roads next time you head out? Next year is it? :)

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Ecu and injectors, lightened.....plays music.
Eldorado
Silver
Silver

Post by Eldorado »

G'day Garth,

I think l bumped into you some years ago, l was signwriting a building in Rooks Rd Nunawading and you were, from memory looking for something for your car, possibly two series Volvo calipers. The building l was working on is a Volvo wrecker. Does that spark an memories for you?

Yes, the Tranaxles and Log fires trip will be on again next year. If l could, l would tag up a link so you could read all the guff on it. (MD come in MD, do you have your ears on?) In actual fact the name came from the Transaxle Dr. MD himself.

You are most welcome to join in Garth, l must say, It was brilliant having a bunch of GTV6's all humming along looking and sounding fantastic. Just before our lunch stop l had three GTV6's in my mirrors, and a straight section of the great Alpine Road was coming up so l gave them the call on the UHF to round us up the 75Twinnie. Man it was an awesome sight and sound seeing them buzz pass us at about 4000rpm l just wish l had the Gopro recording it, rest assured l wont make the same mistake next year. Hope you can make it.

The next trip we have planed is, Le Tour De North East in November 10th and 11th. Let me know if you can make it. I will post up some more details when l can, my dinner is getting cold , gotta go.

Cheers Paul
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Hey Garth, if you want to check it out, you can read up on it here.
http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/ind ... pic=8952.0

Like a prawn head I should have got your details before I left Melbourne on my last visit cause we could have had a great catch up and Iwould have been able to personally tell you about this event which I can see evolving into and annual pilgrimage for transaxles. (That's providing Eldorado doesn't go nuts organising them.)