Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
powermods69
Silver
Silver

Re: Hello from relocation to UK

Post by powermods69 »

kevin you are making powermods look like a group of hooligans. :twisted:
Burn Rubber Not Your Soul
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

You guys hooligans - never . Can't believe I would insinuate such a profile about the calm uneventful triio of you in that workshop with all those toys lying around . You guys are the benchmark of upstanding citizens who respect the law of sound , burning rubber and braai smoke :D
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Been some good sunny weather in the UK for the past few weeks . Some pics of Alfas in the drive catching some rays 8)
Nice Zender kit on the 147 .
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (149.3 KiB) Viewed 6155 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

I'm slowly warming up my neighbours to the site and sounds of noisy Alfas which have bonnets and boots open on a constant basis . No complaints yet .....
Pic of Nick with his trackday 75 3.0 .
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (168.26 KiB) Viewed 6134 times
Joemart
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Joemart »

Funny u mention neighbours... I was going to say that the blue BMW does not seem to have moved... so hence why no complaints :)
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Ironically I look after their place when their away . Fancy that , trusting a serf efrican with the keys . It's not an M3 v8 like yours so I have intention of " borrowing" their car . Average age in our street is about 100 so you gotta be carefull where you park . I have had to warn neighbours in advance now when I'm running the track car as I don't want to attract unnecessary attention to GP plates . 8)
Their is the annual Auto Italia Italian car day coming up at Brooklands Motor museum on the 3rd of May . This is always huge and worth attending . Hopefully I will get my carbi GTV 3.0 down there . Interested if anyone else in UK who reads this will be down there .
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

I was going through all my dads old workshop books which I have with me in Uk when I found these two books . Which have never been taken into the workshop . My Dad collected these along the years of owning over 37 Alfas and that was just up to 1990 starting off with his race prepared Giulietta 1300 right up to including building his own twin turbo GTV 6 conversion in the 90's . He had many friends who worked in the factory and hence the mountain of manuals we have . Most of them have been given to friends in the South African Alfa Club who restored these classics and was missing the books .
Has any one got any ideas if these books are worth anything as they are still perfect . Here are pics of the two thin books . Amazing how much info their is in them .
1) Technical characteristics and Principal inspection Specification
Giulia Sprint GT
Giulia Sprint GTC
Giulia Sprtint GTA
2) GTA 1300 Junior
Technical characteristics and Principal inspection Specification
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (167.82 KiB) Viewed 6062 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (162.14 KiB) Viewed 6063 times
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Thanks Jim . I think I must tell my dad to stop giving away all the handbooks when I see those prices . It could pay for the restoration on our 1600 Junior .
Two books in Rand terms could pay for all the interior trim labour and that's by a pro :shock:
I see very few books out there specifically for the GTA , hopefully those might be worth a few pennies more :D
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

I'll be in London Thursday to Sunday...
Not sure the GF is interested in car stuff though. 8)
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

Wot? No car stooff? That just ain't right innit?
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Probably no war museums either... :cry:
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

You really gonna miss out on some cool stuff if you don't get your ass down to Auto Italia . Apart from all the cars on display the brooklands museum kept me occupied for hours . Theirs interesting car collections , plane displays and across the way the Merc showroom and all the DTM cars . Best part in the merc pavilion is the coffee .
My wife will be driving me there as still got ruptured disc in back but all the GTV boys will be there . So come join us .
Oh check for tube trikes this week before you plan your trips .
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Here's how WE do it but it costs some money (what price peace of mind?): You give her enough $$ to roam around the shopping center for a few hours every day while you spend time in your interests! BUT, Victoria's Secrets you definitely visit together!! If you're into car literature/technical etc, don't forget to visit Cole's -at least it had a ton of stuff when I went there years ago.
Jim K.
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

For just one day, leave her at Westfield @ Shepard's Bush. Then meet Kev and car stuff. :)

BTW, were you thinking of going to the RAF Museum at Hendon or the Duxford one (if you girlie allows it, that is)? Honestly such a HUGE museum with no admission fee? Pretty damn awesome!
'