Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
kevin
Verde
Verde

Re: Hello from relocation to UK

Post by kevin »

Sure 75 evo very welcome here . I took some pics of the carbi car before I loaded it Into container . I also gave it full service including water pump and cam belts . Some pics to follow . Probably would have finished the race car ( front mount)if never had to spend time on this car . Things got kinda hectic selling white race car(71)which included engine transplant and dyno and its snags . So time was shared between three cars . Some pics of service and at car delivered at couriers . Last time it sees sun with zero humidity.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (176.77 KiB) Viewed 5596 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (211.12 KiB) Viewed 5600 times
Last edited by kevin on Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Some pics of belts and water pump replacement
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (174.29 KiB) Viewed 5599 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (226.79 KiB) Viewed 5599 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Fuel leaks are a problem . Tried changing from hex head to cap screw as edges of hex head interfere on sides when tightening banjos on . This gets good even pressure on paper washers .
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (166.8 KiB) Viewed 5599 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (106.09 KiB) Viewed 5599 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Rust proofing and oil change .
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (99.41 KiB) Viewed 5599 times
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

kevin wrote:Fuel leaks are a problem . Tried changing from hex head to cap screw as edges of hex head interfere on sides when tightening banjos on . This gets good even pressure on paper washers .
Hang on a minute here, are you not using banjo bolts for this? How is that even possible? :?
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

That's the main problem in design is ifthe TWO paper washer are not perfect then you have a leak and also the banjo housing does not a have square face to it .. The fuel flows in the banjo housing and has two seals but the thread the bolt goes into is not recessed as in atypical banjo fitting and has tiny holes around inner housing . Tricky to explain . Will find a side view pic .
Temperature change is a problem so they normally sweat or drip on start up an then they are perfect . I was trying to get some custom washers made as all the Wurth copper and aluminium ones did not work , only the paper type . Can't use o rings either but I had some chap making some " alcohol " resistant urethane based seals for me . These fitting are the biggest pain on these cars if not right .
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Why not just put regular banjo bolts in there and a couple of copper washers?
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

We thought of that but the material the carbs are made of are very brittlle and its always risky tightening up a paper washer and becomes even worse trying to seal up a copper washer unless the coper is extremely soft . Also the vibration on the copper leads to bolts loosening . Their is another thread here which shows all the bolts wire locked once in position . The faces that the washers go up against are not flat which does not help with a good seal for copper and also needs extra torque when tightening the 5mm bolts . If they snap its game over . Best solutions are really good quality paper washer that the cars came out with ( can't get - ) or custom washes made as mentioned or finally deal with the Wurth paper type which is a bit hard .
See in this thread what Deonne did . I must still contact him to see if any issues after two years
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4214
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Hm, how about a Dowty washer then?
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Would be ideal if I can get correct sizes .
Joemart
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Joemart »

has the car arrived yet???
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

kevin wrote:Would be ideal if I can get correct sizes .
You're in Yourrup now, you can get them in any size you want. :)
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

I've seen some ships where one part of the ships carry containers and another part (the section behind the bridge or super structure) there is a RORO type deck (roll on, roll off). So chances are Kev's car is being autocrossed on the deck of the ship by the deckhands. Ah yes, the joys of shipping a flaming hot red classic...... :lol:

Just kidding Kev, hope your car arrives safely.
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Problem is I'm not sure where container is . What worries is the loading and offloading depending on what equipment they use and if they make sure to take the pin locks out on the corners of containers . The car is packed at the back of container so the cg is out if they using equal length slings its gonna tip a bit . I offloaded about twenty containers last year and each time you had take care as you pick up container then make some quick adjustments on the slings to get a balance . If you don't the container start swinging very quickly and their goes the car !
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Discovered this car park of used cars today while on trip to a Newbury machine shop . What and interesting collection of cars . There were no signs if there were for sale or any prices and this yard is far removed from any main or secondary road .
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (146.75 KiB) Viewed 5485 times