Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
markdiamondgtv6
Silver
Silver

My GTV6 Balocco featured in Autoweek

Post by markdiamondgtv6 »

Hi all --

I'm Mark from Boston, Massachusetts. Autoweek just did a nice profile in their online edition of my Balocco S.E., which I've owned for more than 20 years.

Rather than post the photos here, I'll just include a link to the article:

http://autoweek.com/article/classic-car ... tays-sharp

Hope you enjoy it!
kevin
Verde
Verde

Re: My GTV6 Balocco featured in Autoweek

Post by kevin »

Well done on having your featured and I'm sure it feels great that this good example has been put back into the public spotlight . Hopefully it will help drive up the values of the cars which I see over the past few years are Already climbing nicely .
Thanks for posting this link as I never knew about this GTV been a limited edition . I don't think the author knew of the limited edition of the 208 examples of the 3.0 carb GTV built by Alfa Romeo in the SA factory between 1983-1984 .
Its amazing how every time Alfa launch a new model they Always want a 116 GTV to accompany their launch model . In SA the 4c was launched alongside my old GTV 3.0 race car at a Kyalami earlier this month . The current owner felt he had more attention than the 4c ( well maybe not :D ) Just shows how much this coupe still means to marketing dept. at Alfa .
markdiamondgtv6
Silver
Silver

Post by markdiamondgtv6 »

Thanks for the message, Kevin! It is good indeed that these cars are getting more recognition, and hopefully this article has contributed in a small way. I was also delighted to see that Petrolicious.com has just named the Alfa Busso V6 as the #1 pre-1990 6-cylinder engine, beating out sixes by Ferrari, Jaguar, BMW, Aston & Porsche.

There are countless "special editions" of the GTV6 I've learned, many unique to specific geographic markets. I've found that there are about 3 (or maybe more) Grand Prix versions sold in Europe, a "Savali" sold in the Netherlands, a "Production" and a "Monaco" sold in France, etc. Most of the special editions seem to be mainly cosmetic (like my Balocco), but the great exceptions of course are the South African 3 liter and the Callaway sold in the U.S.

For me, the South African car is the holy grail of GTV6's.
powermods69
Silver
Silver

Post by powermods69 »

my word what a beautiful gtv I can only hope mine will be as pretty some day
Burn Rubber Not Your Soul