Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
tImBoWe
Gold
Gold

Hi there!

Post by tImBoWe »

Hello. Tim here in New Zealand I've just aquired a GTV6 of the local net auction site. Hoping you guys could help me in finding out weather the car is in fact a 87 model or could it be an 86 model first regestered in this part of the world in 87? Have not seen any mention of an 87 model on this site or any where else.
Thanx in advance. Tim. :twisted:
fortom
Gold
Gold

Post by fortom »

Hi Tim welcome . I think your car is like mine built 86 registered here in NZ in 87. Did you buy it on trademe? I have been watching the two that have been there the last few weeks.

Tom
tImBoWe
Gold
Gold

Post by tImBoWe »

Yeah its the silver one. The dude sent a few snaps of it to me. Looks O.K. a few rust spots but nothing too serious. Sounds like it has been well maintained tho.
Hanging to check it out and pilot the boy back down through the Kaikouras. Its in Welly.
Alfa GTV6 NZ
Gold
Gold

Post by Alfa GTV6 NZ »

Was wondering who had bought the Welly one. You did well for NZ$6500.

Sounds like you live in the south island, i am in Ashburton. Where abouts are you from?

Mine also is a silver '87, probably right that it is a 86 registered in 87.

Mine turned 300,000kms on saturday.

If you need some contacts for parts or local advice give me a call.

Hope to see more of you on the forum.

Karl Straver
1987 GTV6 - Livin in New Zealand.
tImBoWe
Gold
Gold

Post by tImBoWe »

Cheerz Karl ! Yep I will let you know how it looks when I lay my eyeballs on it. The price seems fair for it. Thought I might have had some more competition on the bidding front. I'm just down the road from you in Timose. There are some brillo corners round here for it.
Tim from Timaru.
grantleyrich
Silver
Silver

Post by grantleyrich »

Welcome to the wierd world of Alfa ownership. A fantastic car in the best country in the world to enjoy it in (I must admit to being biased as I was born and raised in Christchurch).

I don't recall may corners in Timaru though. If I remember correctly you need to venture further south to combine it with some hills as well. Mind you, the coast road through the Kaikouras is one of my favourite drives, and rates as one of the best roads in the world in my humble opinion. Especially when you consider the lack of traffic! :twisted:

Enjoy.

Grant Richardson
Kiwi now shackled in Surrey, UK
tImBoWe
Gold
Gold

Post by tImBoWe »

Gidday there Grant. Sorry to here about your shackling. Hope she goes easy on you.
Timoes is the gateway to a power of special roads windy twisted well surfaced pathways to pure excitement! You just got to know were to look. I also own a Ducati Super light wich gets a punishing round the same roads. Also our local track The Levels is very cheap and accessable to have a squirt on.
BTW this is Alfa number 3 for me.
Cheerz Tim.
fortom
Gold
Gold

Post by fortom »

Hi guys 21st july open day at pukekohe to take our cars on the track $100 for the day . Seriously thinking of taking mine to the track as my mate is going to take his e30 325 bma...should be fun as the performance is pretty similar.

Tom
tImBoWe
Gold
Gold

Post by tImBoWe »

Take it ! Tracks are good. $100 cheap as. What does everone else pay for the track day thing in other lands? I raced my Ducati S/L 944 at Levels and Ruapuna for 4 seasons. Learnt alot on the track. Had to give it away tho. Just not enough money to keep competitive without semi serious sponsorship. {hate losing}. Got a few trophies and a few hundy in prize money but kids put an end to it. Track days rule. Building up a Fraser 7 [slowly as coin permits] for track days. WOOO HOOO bring it on. Hope GTV6 will be up for it also. Time will tell.