Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
Charlie DiMarco
Silver
Silver

Hi Everybody

Post by Charlie DiMarco »

It's time I formally introduce myself and my 1986 GTV6.
8 weeks ago I purchased my first GTV6. After driving Spiders for 29 years (67 Duetto, 86 Veloce) I made the move to the GTV6. The previous owner add all the right upgrade parts for a performance street car( poly bushings, headers, Stebro, performance brake pads and rotors, K&N filter. During the last two months I have not put more than 200 miles on the car because it needed alot of sorting out. The short list of work done, Exterior:Serpent Autosport 17x7 Type 3 wheels, reset the bumpers close to the body, installed rear spoiler, modified front airdam, painted lower plastic body parts silver. Mechanical:4 wheel alignment, Performatek shift linkage rebuild kit installed. Interior: repaired door panels, installed new black head liner, new sunvisors, new floor mats, new sound system. Now she is ready for the drive to Monterey for Concorso Italiano!

Thanks for looking,
Charlie
www.serpentautosport.com
Attachments
GTV6 front side web.jpg
GTV6 front side web.jpg (97.76 KiB) Viewed 6580 times
GTV6 rear side web.jpg
GTV6 rear side web.jpg (95.88 KiB) Viewed 6577 times
SteveMoon
Silver
Silver

Post by SteveMoon »

Charlie: That's a sweet looking car. How did you go about resetting the bumpers closer to the body?

Steve
Charlie DiMarco
Silver
Silver

Hi Steve,
The procedure is to unbolt the bumpers, unbolt the bumper shocks from the body. Then drill two 1/8" holes in the shock, one in front of the mounting plate and one behind in the middle. When you drill in to the shock oil will spray out, so wear safety glasses. The force of the spray is like a squirt bottle. Then compress the shock in a vice, once it is fully compressed drill through the hole behind the mounting plate and run in a sheet metal screw. On my car the front bumper bolted right back on and was perfectly alined. The rear bumper did not line up with the mounting holes and had to be persuaded with all kinds of techniques and implements...hammers, big and small, drill reems, and some washers. It was a sometimes frustrating process but the end result was very satisfying.
Keith
Silver
Silver

Post by Keith »

How do the side bumper extensions attach to the body, where they attach under the side marker lights?
Charlie DiMarco
Silver
Silver

Keith, sorry for the delay in response to your question.
The bumper corners have a slot on the backside. And there is a bolt that attaches to the body below the side marker. The bumper will slide forward to remove and backward to set it closer to the body.
hutchensgd
Gold
Gold

Post by hutchensgd »

Charlie,

I like your car as well!
Glenn
Alfaromeodriver
Silver
Silver

Post by Alfaromeodriver »

Hi Charlie,

I really like the wheels! What size rubber did you mount on them? Do you have any rubbing issues? What is your offset?
Cheers,
Alex Csank

'88 Milano Verde
'84 Maratona
'82 Spider

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro!"