Anything that does not fit into other topics.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Greg Gordon's new e mail address

Post by Greg Gordon »

Hi All,
I killed my old MSN account and now have a new email address. Anyone wishing to contact me will need to use the new email.
It can be found at www.hiperformancestore.com
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

:shock: :shock: :shock: Greg,I went to your site and was horrified at your South African comment about payment..

Can you elaborate with some detials??

Hell,I have not bought anything from you yet,but already feel criminilized as a South African..

You had some bad experiences with us lot?????

Barry
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

South African or Nigerian?

I get emails from Nigerian every day....well at least they claim to be Nigerian.
Mezevenf
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Mezevenf »

Barry wrote::shock: :shock: :shock: Greg,I went to your site and was horrified at your South African comment about payment..

Can you elaborate with some detials??
There was a scam coming from South Africa where they'd over-pay you with a money order/cheque and ask you to send the remainder onto another account (such as a shipping agent). Banks clear these cheques/orders before they are 100% verified, and when they found out theres no money they take the money back from you, so the remainder you sent on came from your pocket.

Very common with online car/boat related things, nothing personal. Credit cards and direct debit should be ok ;)
Bernard M (AKA Mef - Mezevenf)

1986 75QV 3.0L 24v V6 - Silver
1985 GTV6 2.5L 12v V6 - Red
1999 166 3.0L 24v V6 - Red

NightSpec
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Im very aware of the 416 scams and the overpayment scams going on in Africa..

Nigeria and South Africa are the good part of 9000km apart..
Its the same as Zimbabwe,people think its all one country..
We do have Nigerian drug lords that have taken to South Africa in a big way,I suppose the scam artists also have..
Its just so sad to see and hear stuff like on Greggs website..

Barry
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

You got me confused there Barry! Are you Nigerian or Zimbabwean (!) and do you object to foreign drug-lords cutting into your business or are you behind those Nigerian scams?? Are you now, or have you ever been a member of a subversive organization trying to smuggle brake calipers into SA? Please clarify!
Jim K.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Whoa,
My wife wrote that and SHOULD HAVE said Nigeria. I have not encountered any problems with South Africa. I have fixed the website and punished the wife.

Of course, a whole new tech article on suspension with pictures and a Motronic article underway and everyone notices one little geographical slip up...
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Damn Jim,Ive been bust!! And the illegal export of VALVES ,huh??

Greg,punished the wife??...........Mmmmmmmmmm.Bet she did that on purpose... :lol:

Yea,As I said-9000KM BETWEEN NIGERIA AND SOUTH AFRICA..
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Ok Barry, you can take off the sunglasses, fake moustache and b/w checkered scarf...we all know who you are! :lol:
Jim K.
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Fernando »

Barry have you not heard that the capital city of Nigeria is now Johannesburg ? :evil:

My poor girlfriend got caught by these shmucks.She advertised her computer in the Junk Mail.She got a call from a chap who claimed to be to far from Jhb to come and see the goods but would take her word for it and deposit the money straight into her account and fax the bank deposit slip to her.Needless to say the cheaque bounced and the pc was long gone.Learnt a very painfull leason. :oops:
"Racing is life,everything before and after is just waiting."- Steve Mqueen