Anything that does not fit into other topics.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Lords Dog Town

Post by Mats »

I just finished watching Lords of Dog Town, fantastic film, especially since I've been skateboarding for as long as I can remember and remember reading about all this back in the days. Cameo apperance by Tony Hawk as an astronaut that couldn't skate (:D) and so on. Very good film, good looking with nice footage and sets, fantastic soundtrack.

So imagine my suprise, way into the movie I see a familiar headlight arrangement, is that a sheld..? :shock: Holy shit it's a GTV!! :D
Stacey Peralta (one of the big names) drives up in a GTV! haha, I couldn't believe it, they even comment on what a cool car it is and driving away you can even hear the typical Nord sound. :)

Great stuff, even the cover of "Wish you were here" was good, never thought that would happen. Go see it if you haven't already...
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Que Boludo
Gold
Gold

Post by Que Boludo »

As an old time skater I could really relate to this video, I felt like going and buying a board and start doing “olies”

Loved my Sims Staab, independent trucks, T bone wheels.
I maka de list, you Justa geta the parts - OK! Wise words from the great master Toni Baloney – Ginger Fingers.
pancho
Gold
Gold

Post by pancho »

SO IT WAS YOU Ho started it !

Damn you mats.

now que boludo has me looking thru ebay for PP shirts and decks.

I vividly remmeber sleeping with my Garry Guerrro 'flame' design board under my pillow until I could afford the gullwing trucks and T-bones.
PanchoRama

From the great master Del Compo "so, wat you wan doin?"

High Five. Sexy Time. You Lose
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Garry? Whas he a brother of Tommy? :)

I still have a board, don't ride that often anymore though, I always end up breaking something, usually in my body. :?

I remember when Kryptonics still was the bomb! :D
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
pancho
Gold
Gold

Post by pancho »

you're right. it was Tommy,

I had a look in the garage - I have got my schmitt Sticks board - with the half man / dog on it.

Gullwing trucks and T bones !
PanchoRama

From the great master Del Compo "so, wat you wan doin?"

High Five. Sexy Time. You Lose
zambon
Verde
Verde

Post by zambon »

T Bones? Are those the 76mm ones?

I have a few nice old schools in my lil collection, Steve cab mechanical dragon with indys and black 60mm cross bones, virgin Ray underhill with Tracker Aggros (black cromoly) with G Bones. Both on Cellblocks.

I still skateboard quite often when I can find people to join me who are over 16 years old :roll:

Side note: I read with disgust a few years ago a Cab interview where he listed all the cars he had owned and exclaimed that the PT cruiser he had just bought was the coolest of them (above some ok ones including a porsche)...
Que Boludo
Gold
Gold

Post by Que Boludo »

Yes 76mm were great.

What is the fad with the little wheels these days? One “sess slide” and you will need new wheels.

They would also be so slow.
I maka de list, you Justa geta the parts - OK! Wise words from the great master Toni Baloney – Ginger Fingers.
zambon
Verde
Verde

Post by zambon »

The little wheels are good for the flippy tricks. Trying to flip a setup with T bones is like trying to kickflip four gyroscopes!

I like the wheels with holes in them so I can go a little bigger in diameter and still flip the thing without dislocating my ankle (example: Bullet Holes).

Also, my wheels on my day to day setup are flat spotted sort of bad :wink: I ride a Krooked deck (Mark Gonzales) and Grind Kings with cheap, worn out, bearings.

Have any of you guys tried changing out Alfa suspension bushings with skateboard bushings? A guy with a Nissan that I skate with did a bunch of that on his car. I think it would work for our shocks if we ever needed to change those.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

You mean the truck grommets? Never actually occured to me, why would you do that, I'm guessing that they would be more expensive then the auto parts?
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
zambon
Verde
Verde

Post by zambon »

They are usually rather cheap compared to the auto parts. I guess it depends who you get your auto parts from.
If fitment is about right (big if) and cost is lower, seems like a good idea.

Skateboard items tend to be cheap in USA compared to the rest of the world. At least this has always been my impression.
Truck bushings (Grommets?) can be had for less than 1 usd per piece. I have a sack of them in the garage because I always change them out.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Very small diameter compared to shock bushings though. :wink:
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!