Anything that does not fit into other topics.
Que Boludo
Gold
Gold

Oh dear, eBay GTV again.

Post by Que Boludo »

The suspension automatically lowers the faster you go? :roll:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Alfa-Romeo-GTV20 ... dZViewItem
I maka de list, you Justa geta the parts - OK! Wise words from the great master Toni Baloney – Ginger Fingers.
matt
Platinum
Platinum

Post by matt »

Hmmm

so anyone going to ask why its been relisted?

no mention yet ..............

There s a hot '80 GTV in the trading post ATM in Tassie, 131KW haltech N/A nord, Zender bumbers/side skirts don't quite suit the old style front grill etc but it looks like a well sorted engine/bay.
Hope someone buys it before it turns into a pile of rust in the beach photo's 8)
Attachments
J16727002_B.jpg
J16727002_B.jpg (104.92 KiB) Viewed 8192 times
zambon
Verde
Verde

Post by zambon »

very good club/race/drift/everyday car as is.

What would you guys think about this car trading paint with nissan 180s at drift events? Replacing driveshaft donuts after each event? Anyone?
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

"The car was stripped and rebuilt bolt by bolt over a period of two months during the summer/christmas holidays."

:shock: Totally rebuilt bolt by bolt in two months?? That is Superman fast. :shock:

"...built to official Alfa Romeo race specifications including the very sought-after twin (2x) Dell-Orto race Carby Configuration. The engine includes racing gaskets/seals, new radiator, higher flow intakes/exhausts(new), race ported head (Official Alfa Romeo Race specifications), sodium cooled factory oversized valves and Official Alfa Romeo Race specification Higher compression Pistons, Barrels and Rings."

Eh? What? Where can I get these Official Alfa Romeo Race specifications? Sounds like it would be interesting to read.

"The running gear is all Official Alfa Romeo Race specifications meaning bigger brakes and new pads"

Really? New pads?? Well, they certainly arn't cheap those specs. :lol:

"Also, this car is not new and does need to have 2 small things that I have been too busy to organise:

The passenger side mirror is cracked. I have had this quoted at $8 including parts and labour.
The radiator overflow reservoir is cracked and needs to be either plastic welded or replaced. A factory original replacement would cost $29 from Alfa Romeo or $12 from Autobarn if you don't mind aftermarket."

And this is the gut that rebuilt the whole car in two months? Can't find time to replace a cracked mirror and coolant reservoir to make the car "perfect", weird. :roll:
But I guess that's ok since he has the telescopic dampers, what I wouldn't give for a set of those... :)

I didn't know the the official race specs called for a high flow, cast iron manifold. Where do you find a set of those?
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
pancho
Gold
Gold

Post by pancho »

mats - everything on this car is race spec - don't you understand ? he has the special alfa race books.
PanchoRama

From the great master Del Compo "so, wat you wan doin?"

High Five. Sexy Time. You Lose
Micke
Verde
Verde

Post by Micke »

Hey guys. Give him some slack. It's not easy finding an official alfa corse rosso superduper race mirror and overflow reservoir (which must come filled with official Alfa racing coolant)

Truly funny :lol:
matt
Platinum
Platinum

Post by matt »

Pancho what are you saying? if you've got a race spec book your standard gtv becomes a "track edition" :D etc? the description just sounds contradictory, "race spec" with inboard rear discs etc?, sure its got high comp motor + porting but other "race spec stuff" sounds like standard gtv...........LSD....prob not, and brakes? i'd want to see a photo of the front set up......prob stock too

just doesn't add up? The headers in the engine bay photo are standard but described as "race spec" high flow and intake airbox looks the same, maybe he just means the heads ported??????

The Gtv in Tasmania sound more "track" worthy add reads like this:
Alfa Romeo GTV 1980 Coupe 2000cc 5 speed manual, 86000kms, extensively modified head turning performer, ported head, 11.5 comp Autronic, F8 engine management, graphed 131kw with cold air intake, all driven through GTV 6 gearbox, Sach clutch, Huge slotted and vented brakes, alloy 4spot callipers, racing seats 4 point harness, stainless mufflers, 10 stacker Kenwood, spare engine and gearbox available, CS4-628, excellent condition, $8400 negotiable
just needs a late model grill + i like the wheels, Simmons??
Attachments
GTV tas2.jpg
GTV tas2.jpg (48.3 KiB) Viewed 8111 times
GTV tas.jpg
GTV tas.jpg (26.08 KiB) Viewed 8110 times
Last edited by matt on Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Hmmmm, I'd really like to read the AR race head specs, maybe they were available only in AU :roll:
And why are the Dellortos (45's or 48's?)so rare?
A street-legal race engine?? That reminds me of...an extremely tall midget :lol:
Jim K.
pancho
Gold
Gold

Post by pancho »

yes those wheels are Simmons - F9R's in a 16" size.

RACE RACE ! Even the Red paint is Race spec !
PanchoRama

From the great master Del Compo "so, wat you wan doin?"

High Five. Sexy Time. You Lose
Que Boludo
Gold
Gold

Post by Que Boludo »

FAK that's some FuNy shet!!

you guy r RACE funny!!

It lowers it self the faster it goes; wow that thing must sit low as it sounds like it would go VERY fast!

I also noted the RACE spec cast exhaust manifold, wata wank :roll:
I maka de list, you Justa geta the parts - OK! Wise words from the great master Toni Baloney – Ginger Fingers.
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Hey JK, talk about a midget.

Q. What's the definition of an Eskimo?
A. A midgit with a frigid digit.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse