Anything that does not fit into other topics.
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Balocco SE?

Post by sh0rtlife »

how does one go about identifying one....ive got a VERY VERY early 83 gtv6 here that has me wondering if its a Balocco SE....its got the black and red gut with the red doted seat pipeing..the wood bared headrests as well as the Balocco SE rear air vents(or whatever you want to call them)

i guess the real question is what makes a Balocco SE a Balocco SE?
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Badge engineering?????
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

My understanding is that the Ballaco SE is limited to the 1982 model year. However knowing Alfa, leftover parts like interior pieces probably got into some 1983 cars.

The 1982 Ballaco cars has nothing but cosmetic changes. Badges, red and black interior, and perhaps some other minor items.
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

so then theres no way to verify a Balocco SE at all.....like if someone made a fake there would be no way to prove that it is or isnt?...i would think there would be a # on the body or something one could check

every pic of an SE that ive ever seen looks exactly like this car with the exception of the missing clovers on the rear vents that have the holes for them as if some kid swiped em...
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

I really don't know. There may be a list of Ballaco serial numbers somewhere. They also had a dash plaque, but again, it's a stick on thing that could be long gone.