Anything that does not fit into other topics.
Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

Michael Schumacher- A Giant Amongst Us All

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

As Alonso celebrates his back to back championship wins, and Renault basks in the glory of a job well done, Felipe Massa will be on page 2 of 2006 Formula 1 history. The real story of the season, and in fact the past decade, is one of Michael Schumacher. He showed us all what it means to be a race car driver and a gentleman, both on and off the track. Despite a two race spell of bad luck at the end of this season, the seven time F1 champion, retires in no way diminished. From tenth on the poll up to fourth, to having a flat tire send him all the way back in the pack, he pursued the title with the fervor and zeal we have come to expect. Pushing harder than ever he finished fourth in the race and second in the season, however, in my heart he is the only champion. Congratulations to Michael, Jean Todt, Felipe Massa, and the entire Scuderia Ferrari! Thanks for showing us the fastest way around every track you drove. The world will never be the same.
Vittorio
Ps: Enjoy your car!
Que Boludo
Gold
Gold

Post by Que Boludo »

Amen!

He will be missed.
I maka de list, you Justa geta the parts - OK! Wise words from the great master Toni Baloney – Ginger Fingers.
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Fernando »

It was with great sadness that I watched the Brazilian Grand Prix.Schumi has done so much for the beloved red cars.His drive on Sunday had even my brother cheering and he is a Mclaren fan through and through! :D

Schumi thanks for the great memories you will be missed. :cry:
"Racing is life,everything before and after is just waiting."- Steve Mqueen
75 GTA
Gold
Gold

Post by 75 GTA »

I think you got it all right!

Thanks Schumi
75 TS Road specs
75 TS Gr N
146 TS
lucass81
Gold
Gold

Post by lucass81 »

Michael Shumager is and always will be the greatest lie in Formula 1 history. He is not in the league of Fangio, Senna, Clark, Nuvolari, Rindt, Fittipaldi, Andretti, Montoya, etc. He is good but in times of traction control and automatic gearboxes anybody that is nº 1 driver of the Ferreri F1 team is good. And remember that when Montoya tried to compete against Shumager even people from his own team (williams) said to the press that if he continued being so agresive in his driving they were going to cut him off the team. Also remember when Senna was driving the McLaren in the 93 season, that car was slower than the bennetons and williams, but in some circuits Shumager and Mansell couldnt pass him, in Montecarlo he beat them all and lets not forget that race in the rain. Remember how Fangio drove the Maserati 250 F in his last championship win and he was almost 50 years old. Shumager and Ferrari made a great deal with B. Eckleston, is all bussiness.
84 GTV6
96 M3
Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

just as i was about to respond vehemently to the above post i stopped and rethought what happened when jj left the forum. although i do not mind hearing your alternate opinion on f1, etc, i do find it a touch rude to highjack the thread with those sorts of downtalking. keep it to yourself!
v
lucass81
Gold
Gold

Post by lucass81 »

I´m talking with the truth, the sad truth of profesional sports all around the world. Today with TV contracts, advertisment, etc. the teams that win are the teams that have more money or more fans. And that is what happened with Shumy and Ferrari. Everybody around the world is a Ferrari fan, and many in the mid 90s after the tragic death of Senna became Shumy fans. Ferrari + Shumy = $$$$$ for Formula 1 . Take the example of soccer World Cups, in 2002 in Japan Asian teams reached the 1/4 finals and even the semis. In 2006 in Germany how did those Asian teams performed, they didnt make it to 1/8s , and in the semis all 4 teams were European. All business. Lets not forget the 1995 rugby world cup were the final match didnt finish until the Springbox took the lead.
84 GTV6
96 M3
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Fernando »

Motor racing has been a topic that has nearly caused feuds to break out within my own family... :shock:

I take issue with the statement that JPM is better than Schumi...mate not in a thousand Sunday's. :wink:

As for the Beneton-Renault he used in 95 to win his second title,it was such a bitch to drive that both Jean Alesi and Gerhard Berger could not fathom out how he could win in it.Schumi has always prefered a car to have a tight front and a loose rear end.His atitude being so long as the nose goes where he points it,he can sort out the rear.All of us being car nuts know controlling understeer is piss easy if you even have a moderate skill level,but oversteer seperates the men from the boys very quickly.As for the Ferrari of 95 that Alesi and Berger drove,Schumi in his first interview after testing it couldn't understand how they had failed to win more than just 1 race the previous season.

Remember Spain of 95 when he won with only 5th gear still functioning on a Barcelona circuit requiring a lower gear to be selected numerous times a lap ?

I have supported Ferrari since I was a kid,through the good times and the bad,I cried when Alesi won in Canada back in 95,I was so happy for him and the team.When Senna died I went into a state of depression.I always felt sorry for Schumi that he never had the chance to naturally recieve the baton,as it were,from the top dog at the time.At least Alonso has had the chance to assume the mantle in the best way possible from Schumi and that's on the track. :)

As a side,I read that Schumi's son,Mick,who is now 7,is already displaying a serious turn of speed at the wheel of a go-cart. :D
"Racing is life,everything before and after is just waiting."- Steve Mqueen
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Montoya???!!!!
zambon
Verde
Verde

Post by zambon »

I was bummed to see Alonso take it this year. To say that the baton was passed to him naturally on the track may be true, but it put a bad taste in my mouth this year.
When things looked bad for him he went and claimed that the sport is rigged. Coming from the defending champion that was hard to swallow for me. Then he went and won it.

The baton has been passed. From now on, I will be pulling for anyone but Alonso.

Oh yeah... Montoya???!!!!
haha
mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Post by mjr »

here here....Im all for a Spanish driver to be up in the points, but Alonso is simp! when he doesnt win, he accuses the sport of being rigged one way... along with that other idiot Flavio, the guy is an arse. Schumi was ruthless and some of his calls were very questionable, but..... no one can deny, he was an awsome driver. ever watch him do the charity karting races???, he absolutely pisses every other big driver by a mile, I am an F1 fan, but I will not be watching next seasons F1 if alonso remains at the top, the guy has no charisma.