Anything that does not fit into other topics.
patzo_3l
Platinum
Platinum

Post by patzo_3l »

hey storm_rider_ are you in melbourne. just asking because i heard theres a guy in melbourne thinking of putting a 20b rotor in his 124. that wouldnt be you would it???

patzo_3l
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

There's a Fiat sport, looks like a 131 sport (the 2 door version) which has a 13B in it (search on forum.alfa156.net). The owner of that car also occasionally posts here too. Some photos of the conversion on that forum.
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

If it is all the same, could we stick to Alfa stuff on this forum?

Sorry buddy but this is not even just an Alfa forum, it's a TRANSAXLE one so the Fiat might be great as Iam sure it would be with an SR20 in it and a hundred other mods but let's see it all on the Fiat forum.

Thanks
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Party pooper.

But hey good point MD :lol:

I'll let this topic stay here for a day or two, and afterwards I will have to move this to "Other".
monster 134
Silver
Silver

Post by monster 134 »

Jip,the fiat was mine.Wrote it off on Saturday.The rotary is a beast.Too much power.easy conversion too.

As soon as all my broken bits heal,i will built another one.Awesome chassis these cars got.

Had it on the dyno just before this happened and at .6 bar boost it did 244hp on the rear wheels.At b1.2 bar it goes to 370 or so on the wheels.

Brutal engine, the 13B

It will kill you.
Its not how fast you drive-but how you drive fast.....
patzo_3l
Platinum
Platinum

Post by patzo_3l »

ye saw that on the fiat froum too. as long as you live another day thats all that matters i guess. am i correct in presuming you hit the tree in the picture that the car is next to? mustve been a fair impact u bent the steering wheel. :cry:
storm_rider_
Silver
Silver

Nah thats not me but your right would be easy conversion

Post by storm_rider_ »

Theres some real got pics of that 131 on the 124turbo site. He said he missed the sound of the twincam but for power and out right madness the rotory kills it hands down. Pity to see the car damaged like that after all the work he put into it, hope he was alright.

Yeah i realise it i an alfa site. I was only wanting to see a bit of interest and see if i could learn a little bit more about the alfa engines before plunging head first into it with out looking at a lot of option and as for putting a sr20 in to the 124 id rather die first. I wouldnt even contemplate putting one of those into a 124, a tuned 2ltr fiat with even a ported 8 valve head will keep up with on of those and when you start really pushing horse power with the sr20s they have a bad habit of loosing there piston liners as they are floating.
storm_rider_
Silver
Silver

Oops Didn't see it was actual you monster, lol

Post by storm_rider_ »

Sorry monster for the loose of you beast. Glad you alright :) well recovering.

There's also another reason why im trying to work out the all wheel drive thing and would prefer alot more weight. I have had a few experience growing up in big power rotarys. There are heaps of them in christchurch and i new a few guys that ended there short live that way. My friends that had the ke10 rotary was just a scary machine, wheel spin first four gears and try fifth as well. Anyway Im going to leave it at that. Thanks for everyones help and ideas.

Martin
patzo_3l
Platinum
Platinum

Post by patzo_3l »

no worries...would like to keep informed though of what you decide to do etc etc as i am a little bit interested in this onversion for curiousities sake. i have seen 300hp. 400hp. 500hp. 600 hp engines in 124's over my time and would like to see what you come up with. i am an alfa man at the end of the day so to see an alfa engine in a fiat :shock: is a bit of payback. lol
AlfaJam
Silver
Silver

Post by AlfaJam »

But the FIAT Croma had the V6. So what's the prob?
Alfettish
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Alfettish »

i don't think the fiat had the Alfa v6. Maybe I'm wrong,.
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

You're wrong... :wink:

Alfa 2.5 engine from 155 was also used in the Fiat Croma. lancia also used a 3.0 engine in some of it models. they have black intake trumpets instead of chromed ones.

The Fiat Croma v6 is very rare here in Holland.
Drive it like you stole it...
AlfaJam
Silver
Silver

Post by AlfaJam »

Yes, the Croma had the 2.5 sohc, so our 124 comrade will have the option of FIAT valve covers (if he can find them :) ).

The makings of a wonderful sister, now we just have to figure how to fit the transaxle :D !! Good luck. It should be relatively straightforward and I'd LOVE to see it develop.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

So the actual Fiat V6 is hard to come by then?
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!