Anything that does not fit into other topics.
PietereQ
Platinum
Platinum

In the lion's cave...

Post by PietereQ »

So I got Invited to a small porsche trackday this weekend...
Set of new toyos r888 350€...
Set of stock magnesium campagnolos found on e-bay 43€...
50l of Eurosuper98 65€...
Owning GT3 (yes, no shit) on track ... PRICELESS :lol:
yello, nice car, but after next corner it was gtv6 to take the lead
same here...

Too bad gtv6 doesnt have that extra 100hp, stiffer suspension, keeping up with better much faster cars would be easier. But anyways, slowest of "ze germans" were 944S, the grin on my face lasts even today :D
the competitors:
http://www.asjp.pl/3edlista.htm
the standings:
I was 15th
MALDI
Platinum
Platinum

Post by MALDI »

The Transaxle Alfa world tips it collective hat to you! :P
'84 GTV6 3.0L
'81 X1/9
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Great Story and pictures. The old GTV6s still have it!

Greg
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

MALDI wrote:The Transaxle Alfa world tips it collective hat to you! :P
+1 !! Love stuff like this !

Sadly the Porsche crowd here decidedly look down on Alfa`s...
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

Barry wrote:
MALDI wrote:The Transaxle Alfa world tips it collective hat to you! :P
+1 !! Love stuff like this !

Sadly the Porsche crowd here decidedly look down on Alfa`s...
thats funny cause the guy i got my gtv6 from misses the gtv6 ALOT and is a 944 owner LOL
MR2 Zig
Verde
Verde

Post by MR2 Zig »

Remember that money doesn't buy skill, only fluffy overweight cars that someone else works on. (it seems here that most porsche owners own their cars for image, not for knowing what to do with the capability)

Seems that most here drive lighter, more serious, cars that they work on (or build) themselves. With that work comes an understanding of, and appriciation for their chosen car's features and faults.

It is good to hear of such events as yours PietereQ :D

Scott
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

MR2 Zig wrote:Remember that money doesn't buy skill, only fluffy overweight cars that someone else works on. (it seems here that most porsche owners own their cars for image, not for knowing what to do with the capability)

Seems that most here drive lighter, more serious, cars that they work on (or build) themselves. With that work comes an understanding of, and appriciation for their chosen car's features and faults.

It is good to hear of such events as yours PietereQ :D

Scott
Funny, over here the Porsche crowd has just as greasy fore arms as us Alfa nuts. They are also way faster then us at the track I'm sad to say. :?
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

lol my buddy here basicaly turned his 944 into a hybrid s2 of sorts (some refer to it as the "s3" setup)full engine brakes, transaxle swaybars all the goodies.....useing his own hands(well some extra hands for the heavy stuff)

porsche 944's feel "fat" to me when compared to an alfa...i hear they suffer some of our transaxle woes tho LOL
Daniel
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Daniel »

Mats - Same over here. Quite a good club race scene.

MR2 Zig wrote:
Remember that money doesn't buy skill, only fluffy overweight cars
Not sure how overweight you consider them but a 911 of the same era as a GTV6 is way lighter and way more powerful.
My old 911 was 1050kg in road trim, A/C and sunroof included, with (supposedly) 172kW but seemed like more - still quicker everywhere than any Alfa I've ever driven and more than a match for 300kW commodores (Pontiac GTO ?? / Vauxhaul GTO ??) in a straight line and then leave them scrambling at the first corner. Way better brakes too.
All that being said, I sold it and kept the GTV6 :D
PietereQ
Platinum
Platinum

Post by PietereQ »

I have few good buddies driving P's hence ended up racing with them. Fortunately Porsche guys here as well as alfisti share the passion to cars, and both have respect for opposing makes, which have so much contributed to motorsports. So generally such meetings look more like a gathering of enthusiasts aware of what they drive (but that would apply more to the chaps driving older cars) and wanting to share the passion with other motorheads, whether they are fans of Oktoberfest or Italodisco :lol:
But the guy from that GT3 was really broken down, even my friend in 33P4 was faster