Anything that does not fit into other topics.
Rookie ROX
Gold
Gold

Post by Rookie ROX »

Alfettish wrote:Yeah that's the Sports Sedans Championship. However, it's just a tube chassis that looks like a GTV6.

Supra Gearboxes: some are Getrag, some are not. I'm not sure which cars came with which gearboxes.
All the turbo manual MkIV Supra's should have had the 6 speed Getrag gearbox.

Purity is nice, but it's also nice to see someone making a leap and doing something different. *shrugs*

ROCK ON
R~R
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

the problem i see with purity ..is 2 HUGE problems..alot of cars that NEVER see the light of day let alone stretch there legs(generaly viewed as an "investment" not a car)...then theres the car shows where you see rows of 1 car body with far to many EXACTLY the same :roll: .......theres generaly a snobishness that comes with it as well

real men are not afraid to cut, beat, modify, race, there cars
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Fernando »

I must concede I like my Alfa's to be powered by Alfa engines... :lol:

BUT,Alfa Romeo's history is littered with cars that some purists would consider bastardised.Think of the Bimotore Enzo had built without the tacit approval of Alfa Romeo themselves.Autodelta were constantly experimenting in their hayday, so I have no issue with running a GTV6 powered by a 3.6 24valve engine fitted with a tyre and rim size never seen on a 'production' 116 GTV. :twisted: It's still all Alfa just that bit better... :D

Shortlife I am with you on car shows,to me,Alfa's,Ferrari's etc are meant to be driven and driven to within an inch of their lives otherwise I am not interested.If I want to just admire shapes I have a plenty of models and slot cars in my collection to drool over and daydream about. :lol:

Lancia/Ferrari D50 anyone ?
"Racing is life,everything before and after is just waiting."- Steve Mqueen
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

Fernando wrote:Lancia/Ferrari D50 anyone ?
im sure you didnt mean it that way but i just got the imagine in my head of a late 1970s dodge d-50slammed to the ground..gtv6 front air damn NO bumpers tauno covered bed with air inletts for a ferarri engine sitting in the bed...sitting on countach size tires sporting full ferarri suspension.....boy that would be an animal...good 24/25th scale model fodder...thanx for the idea...should sit well next to the jag xj220 powered s-10
Alfettish
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Alfettish »

Chances of being able to score an engine from one of these cars just 'sitting' in a wreckers yard is pretty slim.
And besides, the 8Cs ARE going the the US.
My theory, just to go off topic for a second, is that they'll go back in 2010, their centenary year.
Alfettish
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Alfettish »

sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

Alfettish wrote:Chances of being able to score an engine from one of these cars just 'sitting' in a wreckers yard is pretty slim.
And besides, the 8Cs ARE going the the US.
My theory, just to go off topic for a second, is that they'll go back in 2010, their centenary year.
if the cars were plentifull enuf to get totaled i know a few yards that would end up with engines...hell i was seeing viper engines in the first year of production at 1 of my local wreckers