Anything that does not fit into other topics.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

It's an awesome car. Could you tell us more about the transaxle, and how that's holding up? Perhaps it has a front mounted gearbox...

Greg
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

i was just admiring what you've done to the car. not putting it down at all. Not the way i would do it but still very nice. 8)
Drive it like you stole it...
la_strega_nera
Platinum
Platinum

Post by la_strega_nera »

Sold it yet?
1966 GTV
1982 Suzuki "Bathurst" Katana
1995 Cagiva Mito (race kitted 250 powered)
alfacossie
Silver
Silver

Post by alfacossie »

Greg,

The car still runs the tranzaxle gearbox and it is a standard casing. the gearkit its self is heavily modifiedand i havent yet touch wood had any issues with it for about 3 years. the prop shaft has been the weekest link but i believe i have not got that issue solved to.

la_strega_nera

No i still have it for sale and am now in a positin where i do need to sell so tell all your friends!

Paul
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Still transaxle !! I did not even push that power in my TT 3.0(400hp) and I shredded two boxes(crown and pinion) and one box in my Alfetta Super Turbo(300hp). Ok the the Super Turbo had done 300 000km. This was one of the best cars Alfa Romeo S.A ever made as a production car.
To do 11 sec for 1/4 mile and not break anything I suggest you get a big wooden gear knob so you are' touching wood'. Your rear springs must be so soft to get traction as the best we got last night was 14 sec (Tarlton)in the race Giulietta 3.4 24v due to the hard rear(50kg) and gearbox upfront. The car just spins entire first gear.
I think this 75 is probably the fastest 1/4 mile Alfa bodied car thats not a funny car.
alfacossie
Silver
Silver

Post by alfacossie »

I have been through a fwe gear boxes but i have invested heavily in the transmission trying to make it stronger and more durable. there is a few 400bhp plus cars here in the uk that are racing with the transaxle still.

things have broken in the past hence the investment in trying to get it right, for drag purposes and trying to get traction yes my springs are very soft, and i also stuck with the transaxle for the extra weight in the rear of the car as putting a gearbox in the front makes it so nose heavy and not good for standing starts. if i try i can get it to spin all the way upto and including third gear. in the wet it does it in any gear.

Well it would be good if it was the fastest road going alfa bodied car as it is used mainly on the road and the good thing is, is that it will go faster up the strip if i wanted it to as my fastest run was with 480bhp at the fly.
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

Mate- you're nuts!

In a good way!

Cheers
J
Fixing it bit by bit....