Anything that does not fit into other topics.
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Nah, Shortlife. The meaning is more like toilet paper on a roll so you could wipe your derriere with it.. 8)
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Baz,

Emailed you a couple of days ago. Need info asap on payments. Need part to get project going. Hope you keep extinguisher where you have my stuff.... :D

One time the bonnet prop hit a power distribution block and nearly caused a fire (smoked the wire). Luckily I had time to disconnect the battery.
Dr. Alban
Rookie ROX
Gold
Gold

Post by Rookie ROX »

Zamani wrote:Baz,
One time the bonnet prop hit a power distribution block and nearly caused a fire (smoked the wire). Luckily I had time to disconnect the
battery.
Oh we had that happen to my Dad on one of our 75s - Prop jumped off onto battery, started smoking and power cut, he then jumped on the brakes and in a rush to stop gave the handbrake an almighty yank. Popped the hood and stopped it before a fire, but then discovered during the rush he'd pulled the handbrake so hard he managed to seize the cable and thus seize the brakes. He wasn't happy.

ROCK ON
R~R
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Hey Z..checked it,thanks..

Today the second fan smoked itself... :? :?

and a misfire of note...another cap/rotor combo,wires,plugs , ANOTHER dizzy....same misfire..Measure the alternator output..14 Volts !! Great stuff !

Measure the # 15 terminal on the coil...7.65 V !! WTF ??..go under dash to fuse box , touch the 3 wire plug from the ignition switch..pretty hot junction right there !..Jury rig a relay into it and Viola !! 14 volts to the rest of the car !!
Now the fans can burn out in half the time !!
:roll: :D

14 V on coil and my misfire is gone.....This little car is really running sweetly..

Until the next problem..I love Alfa`s !! :!:
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Zamani wrote:Baz,

Emailed you a couple of days ago. Need info asap on payments. Need part to get project going. Hope you keep extinguisher where you have my stuff.... :D

One time the bonnet prop hit a power distribution block and nearly caused a fire (smoked the wire). Luckily I had time to disconnect the battery.
LOL`z ! Yea,stored in the flammables dept !! Small bucket of sand in case ... :shock: :D
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

get some turbo 944 porsche twin fans...they kick ass and are MUCH better built.....the mounting only need some 1 inch aluminum or steel tabs to mate it up
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

I thought it was time to post a pic of the storage Queen..!Now my daily driver. 8)
Attachments
DSC00722.JPG
DSC00722.JPG (145.01 KiB) Viewed 6024 times
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

Wow the paint seems in pretty good condition for almost being in fire... :D

Lovely car baz :wink:
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

F,The fire was in the engine bay only..and was extinguished rather quick !
Anyhow,another set of wheels today..
:wink:
Attachments
DSC00751.JPG
DSC00751.JPG (152.37 KiB) Viewed 6001 times
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Ohh, I like the dark wheels better. They look more like race car wheels.

Greg
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Greg, agree totally ! It really looks good.Im thinking of perhaps having the ex Kevin Campanatura`s that were widened powder coated in gloss black..Should also look pretty good. 8)
Attachments
DSC00661.JPG
DSC00661.JPG (150.48 KiB) Viewed 5995 times
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

Definetely agree with Greg, the Black ones are much nicer
la_strega_nera
Platinum
Platinum

Post by la_strega_nera »

Black wheels = sinister :D
Another vote for the black hotness.

Random thought... anyone in Oz got a 3l bonnet mould?
1966 GTV
1982 Suzuki "Bathurst" Katana
1995 Cagiva Mito (race kitted 250 powered)
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Took an awesome pic today...love it.!
Attachments
DSC00758.JPG
DSC00758.JPG (152.62 KiB) Viewed 5955 times
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

HOT!
Dr. Alban