Anything that does not fit into other topics.
lucass81
Gold
Gold

2010 Ferrari California GT

Post by lucass81 »

What the hell is Ferrari thinking! Their marque is losing exclusivness. Intead of bringing back the Dino, as an Exige/Cayman S killer with a mid mounted 3.0 V8 with a 9000 rpm redline and lightweight body/chasis, they are building a car that is to the Maserati GranTurismo/Afla 8C what the Pontiac Firebird was to the Camaro. And the design, my god, it looks like a Fiat. Of today Ferrari´s line up I wouldnt buy any of them. Today Ferraris suck, I take a 911 GT2 without thinking, and if I want something wilder a Carrera GT. And if a RWD Murcielago SV becomes a reality thats the car I want.
84 GTV6
96 M3
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Id take any of the Ferrari`s of today......no probs...... 8)
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

if one fell in my lap i wouldnt complain...id rip the body off and sell the body...then fit some 50's sheetmetal over it...a sled that could smoke a porsche in and out of the corners :twisted:
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Fernando »

Lucas I have to be honest and admit to lusting after the 599GTB Fiorano and the Scuderia F430. :twisted: Strictly speaking the pic below is not stock but my word,doesn't it just get your heart racing thinking of that 6 litre V12 and a chassis to die for ?
Attachments
hamann_1024x768.jpg
hamann_1024x768.jpg (121.38 KiB) Viewed 6617 times
"Racing is life,everything before and after is just waiting."- Steve Mqueen
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Hey Fernando, that's not a bad rig but you'd have to go a long way to beat the REAL deal.

This unit has NO ENGINE. NO SUSPENSION.NO BRAKES or any other stuff that makes it unreliable. Just jump in and let it rip..Score one of these beauties and you're set for life.
Attachments
flintstones-car.jpg
flintstones-car.jpg (20.41 KiB) Viewed 6612 times
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Fernando »

Ha ha Mike,with the cost of oil yours looks to be the way to go. :lol: Flintstones for the win.
"Racing is life,everything before and after is just waiting."- Steve Mqueen
la_strega_nera
Platinum
Platinum

Post by la_strega_nera »

Fernando wrote:Lucas I have to be honest and admit to lusting after the 599GTB Fiorano and the Scuderia F430. :twisted: Strictly speaking the pic below is not stock but my word,doesn't it just get your heart racing thinking of that 6 litre V12 and a chassis to die for ?
After drooling over one of the 599s up close in Singapore a couple of months ago, the thing that really struck me was how small it is...
that and the corvette rear window... :S
Still... Want.
1966 GTV
1982 Suzuki "Bathurst" Katana
1995 Cagiva Mito (race kitted 250 powered)
lucass81
Gold
Gold

Post by lucass81 »

I loved the 550 Maranello since the first time I saw it, but the 599 not. That big, round ass it has and that wierd roof prolongation or what ever it is i dont like. Trying make the 360 Modena´s tail look as an Enzo´s tail in the F430 also is ugly. The 612 is all around ugly with that 50s Corvette sides. If I had enough money I would use a new Ferrari as a platform and rebodied as that millionare did transforming his Enzo in the P4/5.
84 GTV6
96 M3
rz
Platinum
Platinum

Post by rz »

i think you'll love the 430 after driving it once....
man this car is realy a monster :shock:
a friend of mine had one and after co-driving it ,i just HAD TO HAVE one! :twisted:

and i'm still driving an alfa....
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

I heard from a mechanic at Bob Norwood's shop that all the newer Ferraris have the fuel, ignition, airbags, suspension settings, and essentially everything electrical tied into one ECU. The idea is to prevent anyone from changing over to programmable engine managment, and thus prevent anyone from making twin turbo kits or other big changes to the cars. If that's true, I would not buy any new Ferrari.

Greg
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Lol, that's funny Greg.

Is that really the only reason?
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Bob Norwood...anyone remember the twin turbo GTO and the other seriously fast machines they did ?? and the Norwood silver state racer ??
I have some old literature on these cars...epic for the time... :wink:
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

That's the same Bob Norwood. He is still around, his shop is near Dallas. He makes a very impressive twin turbo kit for the Testarossa.

Mats, no that's not the only reason.

Greg
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Good, I was getting worried. 8)
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

I would take a 430 Scuderia...ok will settle for a 360 CS. :o
Dr. Alban