Anything that does not fit into other topics.
Micke
Verde
Verde

Post by Micke »

Jim, Maurizio,

probably can't make it. Family didn't exactly enjoy staying Thursday to Sunday by the ring and getting permission to "waste" next weekend as well is against the odds.

If it would have been raining and SNOWING a bit less then maybe....

PS!
New experience driving the ring in the dark. Didn't make it easier exactly. Besides, it was so cold we had to use rain tires as slicks didn't get up to temperature (as it was drizzling most of the time at least at some part of the track this made it safer as well).

"
"
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

You were in the ADAC 24H??? :o

daaamn...
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Maurizio
Verde
Verde

Post by Maurizio »

@Micke,

Hmmm, didn't know you actually would drive. Checked the site and saw three other names listed as drivers.
Saw that the TT retired after ~13 hours.... What was the cause?
On tv was a short coverage and looked really challenging.

Anyway the bad whether did us decide not to enter the cold mud bath :D

@Jim, will come thursday with a plan. Maybe come with the 33 to make some rounds for the first time with this car and this year.
Banned.. ? ;-) Daily donky.. ==> BMW 325d Image
E36M3 (3.0) Ringtool :twisted: ==> definitely BANNED!

AR 75 TS Ringtool '90, AR Spider 2000 veloce '79
Micke
Verde
Verde

Post by Micke »

Yep, finally made it.

Unfortunately not with my (or any other) Alfa this time. Building a 75 24V is a dream but is a lot of effort.

The TT blew the engine (what a surprise) and I heard they finally dumped the team manager.

I was driving in the S3 (Specials <2000 cc) class. How I wish I could have an engine like that in my GTV2.0.
As the team had some problems with the previous tuned engine they simply bought a standard road engine which we used for the race. In time practice it had 0 km so the manager said to "run it in" and and shift already at 7000 rpm for the first 20 minutes!! 24 hours of shifting at 9000 rpm without problems.

BTW, Alfa won the S1 (Alterative fuels) class with a 147 diesel. It's a 2.4 with "enough" punch.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

I read a race report from Euan, I can post it here if you want. Right team, Job as manager?

Or just go here: rejsa.nu (It's in English)
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Micke
Verde
Verde

Post by Micke »

Job, yes that' the guy. Very nice but should not interfere with the tech side.

Last year I did one race with them (only time they made the podium so far). The brakes sucked as they locked up by looking at the pedal and this could have been solved pretty easily (at least temporarily).

Here's the conversation:
Remove the brake booster (block the vacuum hose)
"Can't do - too dangerous"
I'll try it out myself
"too risky"
Allright, I only do the GP track
"too dangerous"
What then
"you can try it here in the pit"
Yeah - makes lots of sence testing brakes at 20 km/h. What you want to do then
"you need a racing master cylinder to run without booster"
How does it differ?
"It's bigger so the pedal force will be less"
Actually, you need more force if the Ms is bigger!
"Ehh... humm... our mechanic is ex-Manthey he must know better"
OK, i give up.

PS! for this story is that the brakes are still same as last year (original MS, bigger disks and much bigger caliper piston area - 4 piston vs. OE one piston).
Maurizio
Verde
Verde

Post by Maurizio »

Micke wrote:Unfortunately not with my (or any other) Alfa this time. Building a 75 24V is a dream but is a lot of effort.
Ok, lets start organising, the next one is about 9 months away for the first "einstellfahrten".

OK lets dream this GTV6.com 24h 2006 team up:
- Ron has a shop in the neighbourhood, suspension parts in the racks.
- Jim is needed for the bullet proof 24v engine.
- Tires is yours to organise.
- Special parts engineering, I will take that one as far as possible with my knowledge :) .
- Mats?, he will volunteer right away if it has to do with racing :wink:

The drivers:
What do you need as a driver in the 24h?
- an internatinal license or what else???
- a lot of common sence to keep the car alive for 24h!
- And some transaxle effection!

What do we need else:
- A budget/good sponsor!
- A 75, a 24v engine and some parts....
- Volenteers for building the car, the pits crew etc.

So we are almost there :lol:

OK, ok lunch is over, start working again on a lame tool, which will be used for a construction which is already in redesign and is going to be binned anyway :evil:

Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Micke: Wow, that sounds like a pretty "interesting" racing environment. Too dangerous? Racing is pretty dangerous, especially if the brakes lock up if you sneeze in the cabin (with no foot on the brakes)...

Maurizio: I'm in! :D
First of all we need someone to hausse the team and get us sponsors! That is prio 1!
I should be able to upgrade my license to international status, will cost a bit but it's for a good cause. Need a new helmet too, mine is only legal in Sweden, oh what the hell, I'll just get all new gear, maybe hook the team up with a sponsor. :)
I got a solid 75 shell standing around, that would be a good base, plenty of spares too. We need a couple of spare gearboxes though, maybe a longer final drive then the TS? We could probably step up in wheel diameter though, should be a good move for tire availability too.

I think Ron would be able to make us a kit more suitable than his coilover + torsion bars setup, we won't win if we keep the torsion bars and the lower control arms, EVERYTHING heavy must go. Good thing I have lightened the body a fair bit already, you wouldn't believe how much all those small metal brackets and such weighs. ;)

Hey, we should give Andrew a shout, he has several 3.7 24v engines... :D
Maybe the magazine would be interested in runing it like a series..?

Who wants to be a team manager? fluent i German and must know about racing.

(maybe it's time to split this discussion to a new thread?)
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Hey guys, wait up! I got me a damn good name for this proposed racing team: Monty Python Flying Circus !! Yeah, all you need is a winning car, coax Nicki (Lauda) to drive for free (after WE give him some pointers, of course!) have a Cancer factory like Marlboro or Rothmans sponsor our sorry asses and away we go to kick ass (or whatever, right Barry?). Hah, I forgot the mandatory publicity shoot with the Playboy playmates! Lets not be greedy with our salaries now, any 6-figure amount in Euros will do, we gotta start low right? THEN comes fame and glory!! If we don't win shit, we kick Nicki out, sell the team's assets, file for bankruptsy (in Burkina Faso!) and keep the Playmates and the severance pay, heheh!!...Got it all figured out, see? Do I qualify for manager or what? C'mon guys, this is cookin' !!
Jim K.

Maurizio, we'll be at Dottingen ~5pm this Saturday. Sorry you can't make it Micke and Mats, we could sign the first team contract for beer and schnitzel sponsorship in the Adenau joint!
joey
Gold
Gold

Post by joey »

did someone say ass? :P

if you guys are looking for me, i'm in the tool shed with the playboy bunnies. Oh, on a completely unrelated issue, we're out of synthetic lube. :oops:
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Ok, I think we know who is the manager... ;)
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Maurizio
Verde
Verde

Post by Maurizio »

JimGreek wrote:Maurizio, we'll be at Dottingen ~5pm this Saturday
OK, saturday track is open till 19.30h. So I guess you guys will run for the track right away and take a bite afterwards. Maybe will settle for saturday and go along to take a bite, then there is enough time to talk :lol:
(For me it is just an 1.30h drive home with much traffic.)
And with the track open there is no time to have a decent conversation in a car :wink:

Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Did you see Alfa's CEO driving the GT JTD? The team also had a certain German actress driving it as well. Eva Scheer?
Dr. Alban
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Jim,Yea,Your team manager for sure!!I like your enthusiasm,originisational skills,Priorities,and most of all,you seem like you are willing to look after the miinows in the team....Good stuff.Now, what was it that all of you wanted to do again??Cycle race?Fund raising?(Cant be,no need for the girls....)Oh yea,motor racing....LOts of girls there.......Do we need a car for this???Mmmmmm..............
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Maybe we should take my 75 shell and just put a lot of stickers on it? Make it look REAL fast with large rims with huge slicks.
Get a load of sponsors and then just hang around the pits garage the whole 24 hours? Maybe pretend to have some engine problems and light the occational fire under the hood (no engine in the naturally) just to get some photo coverage for the following years sponsor hunt..?
Sounds like a plan. I can bring a loud buddy that can smoothetalk the marshals and any approaching reporters (he is a seller by trade), all we need to do is promise him a spot as a driver in -07. :D
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!