Anything that does not fit into other topics.
cryellow
Silver
Silver

Selling (thinking) - my modified GTV6

Post by cryellow »

As many of you know (maybe firsthand from helping me :-), I got my GTV6 about two years ago and have modified it. I bought it for $6500. and it was and remains immaculate Exteriro: no rust whatsoever, gleaming bright silver paint, bumpers and modling trim perfect condition and pure black. Interior: NO CRACKS at all in dashboard (have you ever seen a GTV6 with an intact, perfect dashboard), leather perfect and shiny black. Functionally: everything works, clock works, A/C works, interior lights work, etc.

Anyone who has seen this car has been stunned into silence when I tell them it is an '86. Some think it just rolled off the showroom (Is that the new Maserati?), and even the ones who think it must be used say, "Well, it sure doesn't look like an '86."

I have all records from me and the previous owner to show that it was maintained properly and (unfortunately since I am not a mechanic) expensively.

What is this car worth now? Anyone want to buy it? I also invested about $6000. in modifications:

Silver foil (lifetime guarantee) premium WINDOW TINTING on all windows.
High end Viper alarm system with automatic window roll up and keyless door entry.

17 x 17.5 RONAL RT wheels (these alone, with tires $1200.)
Yokohama ES-100 215/40/ZR17 on front
Yokohama ES-100 215/45/ZR17 rear

International Auto Parts (IAP) Header! (makes this car rocket!)
STEBRO Stainless steel free flow entire exhaust system from Canada, which includes Center resonator section, Rear Muffler twin tip section and special Stebro inserts (removable) for the twin tips to reduce the sound.
Brand new dual in, dual out ultra heavy duty CAT converter (Car passed California smog even at a Test Only center - pull out the cat if you live in 49 states, I kept the tube sections to do this. :-).

IAP Performance springs for rear
(4) Bilstein shocks

Front end sway bars lowered to Euro standards, no fun to do and quite a lot of work as Chip who helped me will attest

IAP Performance polyurethane suspension brushings
(Front upper caster rod, front & rear
Front swaybar center bushing 20mm
Rear swaybar end link kit)

IAP Ultra-Trick “SZ Style” All-Metal Didion Bushing

IAP "Performance" Drilled and Slotted Brake Rotors, and extras for later install
Ferodo metal performance brake pads, and extras for later install

K&N washable fuel filter, and extra for later install

ALL RED silicone hoses throughout engine compartment
Platinum Bosch series sparkplugs

Extra IAP timing tensioner complete
Extra Bosch main ECU
A variety of other spare parts

IAP brand new car cover
IAP black&white coco fiber floor mats, front and rear
Leather shifter pouch
Solid wood shifter knob
Attachments
FrontWheel.jpg
FrontWheel.jpg (30.83 KiB) Viewed 11062 times
GTV6NewWheels.jpg
GTV6NewWheels.jpg (30.71 KiB) Viewed 11062 times
joey
Gold
Gold

Post by joey »

hey i remember !

what was the name, JT? not quite, something similar that u used to go by gtv6.org...

why you selling man? that car is beautiful! what are you asking for it? seems a shame...
cryellow
Silver
Silver

re: possibly selling car

Post by cryellow »

Well, I am buying something completely different. A Toyota Prius (hybrid) and I need the money for the down payment.

My brother says it is a shame to sell too!

I did post about the whole modification process on the old site, look here
http://alfagtv6.com/discus/
and do a search of posts by CrYellow.

I dunno...I would take $8K I think. It is the last year, a 1986. It seems that any stock GTV6 in excellent condition sells for around $6K and getting back $1500. of the money I spent on modifications seems fair. I know we never recoup all of it!

There is a 1982 GTV6 Balocco on EBAY now that is pushing $10,000. That car has no modifications like mine to make it go faster or handle better, but it is in similarly excellent shape.

Matt
joey
Gold
Gold

Post by joey »

http://www.alfagtv6.com/discus/messages/199/3868.html

oops, got you confused with J.R.

eeeh, prius huh? umm, i guess that makes "sense" in CA, but... somewhat of a departure...

cant u keep both? :(

good luck man, wish i was local and could take u up on it, she's a beauty !
MD
Verde
Verde

other

Post by MD »

Hi Matt

Geez mate, if I ever saw a mistake in slow motion, this has to be it. With people in the know, you have a very desirable car and worth every cent.

Ask yourself this question:

How much is the alfa going to be worth as a collector's item in 20 years time vs the Prius? The name Pirus alone would demand a discount of 50% off the showroom floor!

On the flip side, if you really need the bucks, well the best you can hope for is that some other keen Alfa enthusiast will take up where you left off which is always a happy ending. I hope for you it is that happy ending.

Cheers.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

iN s.a. we cannot purchase the Prius outright..Toyota wont sell it to you..They do lease it on a 5 year lease at R5000.00 per month(800.Dollars U.S) and at the end of the lease you give it back....Id rather chew off my arm.....When you take it for a service they check the suspension data log.If it shows rough handling,you forfeit the car and the lease is null and void..Dirt roads as well-strictly NO dirt roads,hell,we live in Africa-no dirt roads????????
A serious raspberry to Toyota here.....

Barry
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
cryellow
Silver
Silver

GTV6 sale

Post by cryellow »

Well, I am not aggressively marketing the GTV6 for sale, but I do need to sell it. I just don't have room in my garage for the cars...I already have two other classics, not sports, but that need to take up the garage. :-|
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

I can understand selling it. There are so many great cars you can't own them all in a lifetime, but a Prius? Is there a more boring vehicle out there?
joey
Gold
Gold

Post by joey »

Greg Gordon wrote:I can understand selling it. There are so many great cars you can't own them all in a lifetime, but a Prius? Is there a more boring vehicle out there?
oh i dunno greg, the technology behind the prius is pretty cool, i mean there are plenty of cars just as or more boring/slow, but with NO redeeming features.

at least this gets a tax/rego break, (can't CA people drive this in car pool lanes or something?) its interesting and gets good economy.
cryellow
Silver
Silver

Prius

Post by cryellow »

Yup Prius has a lot more to it than just the slow speed and lack of acceleration. :P I have other sports cars and luxury cars. Just not enough room in garage! or driveway.

But the Prius does appeal to me for a lot of reasons - and as pointed out it is the most technologically advanced of its class.
cryellow
Silver
Silver

Post by cryellow »

Yup these were the posts
http://www.alfagtv6.com/discus/messages/199/3868.html
about most of the modifications I made on my car.

I am picking up the new Prius today. Now my garages will be too full, but the Alfa will stay inside until sold!

Matt
zambon
Verde
Verde

Post by zambon »

Daaaamn!
If I ever get a gtv6 I want that color! Good luck with the seller´s remorse 8)
I agree that the hybrid has redeeming qualities, but, but
I am sure it will make the boss happy if you have one :roll:
cryellow
Silver
Silver

Post by cryellow »

I posted quite a few pics of the car here:
http://members.cox.net/cryellow/alfa

Matt
cryellow
Silver
Silver

Post by cryellow »

Sold! today for $8K to a fellow Alfisti. Perhaps when I have the garage space something else, different, but Alfa will come along again.

Thanks for everyone's past help on my GTV6!

-Matt
joey
Gold
Gold

Post by joey »

oh no !!! i still had hope !

oh well, good to see you got the price you were comfortable with, she was indeed a beauty !

cheers and happy motoring at a whole 40mph !! hehe

cheers,

joe
"Fun is an unintended, unforeseen, and usually undignified consequence of life."