Anything that does not fit into other topics.
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Hi Jim
no matter wich we you look at it these cars are old and need to be refubished. Having said that all mechanicals can be redone but when the body is shot you might as well not bother. So if you find one with a great body and very origional interior then you know it has at least been cared for. Once done that, you do a full mechanical rebuild like Greg Gordon dose then you know you can rely on your Alfa. No need to do to many upgrades as in suspension kits to start off with ,so you can get a feel for the cars origional handling(but must have new bushes all round) I would also upgrade to 3.0l but keep the rest of the car looking origional if you want to sell it further down the line.
Or if you get totally hooked by one and gut it into a full track car !!
Cheers
Kevin
tcl
Silver
Silver

Post by tcl »

SydneyJules wrote:..... a light(ish) rwd with a bit of pedigree, that you actually have to drive to get the most out of.....
That's a great synopsis of the car. The only other thing I'd add to it is the great sound. I enjoy driving the GTV-6 more than two modern sports cars I previously owned (a 99 M3 coupe and an 03 350Z coupe). Those cars were too easy to drive fast and somewhat boring at street speeds.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

audijim wrote:Who owns the UrQuattro "Beast" you speak of? I probably know the car if I saw pictures of it.
It's orange, has a wider arch kit and the radiator in the trunk. And a big side exhaust. There is no car like it. 8)

Hopefully he will have it running soon so I can make a video with some datalogging action on the side.
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!