Anything that does not fit into other topics.
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

i just read an article about the Novitec F430 RACE, it has a twin-supercharged v8 with 707 :shock: BHP. 0-100 km/h in 3,5 sec and 348 km/h topspeed.... 8)

Guess they found a way around the ECU-problem. :wink:

Twin turbo's on a F430 would even be better in my eyes. brings back memories of the sounds a F40 makes.... :D
Drive it like you stole it...
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

I am not sure that means they found a way around the problem. It could be that it's a full race car where they take out power windows, airbags and everything else that could be effected.

I read an article that said the Novitec F430 kit has ECU issues. I don't remember the specifics but things like needing to be reflashed all the time, or getting confused and shutting down at the racetrack after X number of laps or something like that. This was in an article comparing various tuner cars at the track in some ricer magazine a little while ago. It was titles European vs Japanese track tuner track challenge or something like that. The Novitec F430 got its ass handed to it because of these issues.

Greg
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

the article was about a road-going F430, not a race car. it was in a dutch carmagazine this month. There was no mention of ECU problems but that doesn't mean there aren't any... :?

They probably just changed the data in the ECU, that wouldn't have a very big impact on the other stuff i reckon? most manufacturers try to "protect" there ECU's from tuners but there is always someone who finds a way to alter the data and make it all work.

Hell, i will never be able to pay that much for a Ferrari anyway so what is the problem... :cry:
Drive it like you stole it...
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

Anyone who is saying they don't want a Ferrari on this forum needs to take a serious look at themselves, and Greg... I'm looking at you!!! :shock:

I do get it though Greg.... I do understand that there's something a newer car will never deliver. It's about you having to do the work.

Yes Zmani- a 360CS would go down like a dream

Even a 355 (twin turbo please hehehehe) would be an absolute joy, and Ferraris are coming down in price to the point where I would consider starting to save for one, and sell the GTV6. OK maybe not- I love it too much!

But...

The prodrive 550LM.... if there is a car that gives me the horn, it's that- a big engine in front, you sitting almost on the transaxle, and suspension we can only dream about.

It's pretty much the no limit interperetation of a GTV6- twice the amount of cylinders, more than double the capacity, and more car than my humble driving could ever utilise.

Then again why spend that money when I can't get the most out of what Ive got?
Fixing it bit by bit....
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Hey Jules !! You poor excuse for an Arab pilots' jock strap! Where TF have you been and when are you coming to Brisvagas man ? :D

BTW I'll be in Coffs around 14/15 June. If you still out of jail, I might shout ya a cold one.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Jules, I think if you re read my post carefully you will see that I never said I don't want a Ferrari. I said I would not buy a new one if all its systems are tied into one ECU.

Not that I can buy one anyway...but as long as we are engaging in fantasy, I would rather have a Norwood Twin Turbo Testarossa than any new Ferrari. I think the fact that I drive a GTV6 and not a new STI or EVO pretty much backs that up.

The ECU issue is a big one. It's not about being able to figure the code out, I am sure someone will do that eventually, it's possible Novitec already has. (then again, it seems there are VERY few post F355 tuner Ferraris, I wonder why?) The problem is when the car is 15 years old everything that goes wrong could be related to the ECU. This will turn normal old car troubleshooting and repair into a huge problem.

Greg
lucass81
Gold
Gold

Post by lucass81 »

Apart from tastes in design, engine, chasis, electronics, etc. that each person has there are things that a marque like Ferrari shouldnt do. Thats building a car using exactly the same platform, including the engine and gearbox, than a lower category car. Thats why I would never buy an Audi for example. They are VWs. I woulnt pay for a Ferrari that is exactly the same car as a Maserati except for the exterior looks. I think you all know that the 599, 612, GranTurismo and Quattroporte share the same platform. At least in those Ferrari`s you get a unique V12 that doesnt come in any other car. The California GT will use not only the same platform as this cars but also the same V8 and gearbox. OK I know that Maseratis are Ferraris today but they are going to ruin Ferraris name like this. The Alfa 8C is an special limited edition. They can do that, that give´s exclusivity to the marque. What they cant is for example build a cheaper Maserati using an Alfa platform. Evidently sales arent going to well for Ferrari. So they are building a cheaper car using and old famous name. Thats a strategy to Dodge, not Ferrari. They should keep diferentiating the marque.
84 GTV6
96 M3
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Fernando »

Lucas last night I got to watch Jeremy Clarkson's new Supercars DVD. :D I understand your argument,it's the same one I have about Alfa sharing platforms and engines. :evil: Yes I understand cost issues and all that before anyone chirps up. :lol:

BUT,on seeing and hearing that 599 again....Oh my frikken hell. :shock: It's pure lust my friend.I cannot help myself.Like Jules says,a 599 is the epitome of the ultimate GTV6 in terms of the layout.

I have always had a soft spot for cars like the 275GTB,365GTB aka The Daytona.Then it was a long wait for the 550 and the 575 and all because of the front engine rear gearbox layout.

My fantasy for the ultimate GTV6 would be a twin turbo,24valve,3.8 litre with a succesfull rear mounted Getrag gearbox and no prop shaft worries... :D Er Barry how much would this cost me ? :lol:

Life would be seriously boring if we all liked the same things wouldn't it ? :lol:

Oh yes the DVD wasn't too bad except he managed to prang a 997 GT3. :shock:
"Racing is life,everything before and after is just waiting."- Steve Mqueen
lucass81
Gold
Gold

Post by lucass81 »

The 599 as the replacement of the beautifull 575 exceded my expectations in terms of powerplant but let me down in terms of design.
84 GTV6
96 M3
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

lucass81 wrote:The 599 as the replacement of the beautifull 575 exceded my expectations in terms of powerplant but let me down in terms of design.
I concur.
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!