Anything that does not fit into other topics.
Barry
Verde
Verde

My old gtv....-Barry

Post by Barry »

Someone asked a while ago if I had more pics of my old Gtv..Well,boiught a scanner and started checking my old 35mm negs..Found a few,but putting these 2 up..
8)
Attachments
My mate Hannes..helped me get the car back home...thanks Hans..
My mate Hannes..helped me get the car back home...thanks Hans..
scan0052.jpg (245.33 KiB) Viewed 10212 times
scan0075.jpg
scan0075.jpg (215.91 KiB) Viewed 10213 times
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
lucass81
Gold
Gold

Post by lucass81 »

Wow, please more pictures of that car. What tire size were you using?
What motor was in it? How much horsepower? And that picture looks 80s, when did you tune that car? That GTV looks hot now, but in the 80s, fucking amazing.
84 GTV6
96 M3
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Yup,that was late 80`s..
I ran 16" wheels-8j front and 9.5j rear..
Tires were 225-50-16 front and 245 -40-16 rear.
20l turbo-200 wheel hp,carbs and mech. dizzy,no intercooler(whats that??)
A chap once commented after I blew his Oettinger Jetta into the weeds that the aircon realy got hot on my car..the turbo was red hot as was the manifold..It was fun.
iIll scan more pics..

Btw,this car had a FULL Autodelta race suspension in it..ally lower control arms,drop links,adjustable torsions,big mutha torsions,etc,etc.. 8)
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
rz
Platinum
Platinum

Post by rz »

how i love south africa so much!!were is the picture taken?
i always dream about stop working in this f***ing country and just having fun in SA,enjoying the good weather and the good food.
and playing around with alfa's..........................
DREAM ON
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Bazza. Don't tell rz the real deal. He's better off dreamin'.. :cry:
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Mericet
Gold
Gold

Post by Mericet »

MD wrote:Bazza. Don't tell rz the real deal. He's better off dreamin'.. :cry:
Sadly so true. :cry:
Neil C.

85 GTV 6 "Benna della ruggine e mangiatore dello zoccolo"
lucass81
Gold
Gold

Post by lucass81 »

In late 80s with 200whp you may have a couple of stories about molesting v8 Ferraris, 911 carreras, M3s, Delta integrales, Mustangs, etc.
Some interesting stories there?
84 GTV6
96 M3
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Well,At the time the E36 M3 was the bullet to have..after pulling the guy 10 car lenghts Id wait for him to catch up..and promtly pull him another 10 car lenghts..
You must remember that the top end of this car was not anything spectacular.A Nissan 20l could give me a carrot on top end..but he had to catch me first.. :D :D

328 Ferrari and Carrera was no match,I did take them on..hell,I was young and stupid,I took EVERYTHING on in those days...

A memoral run was with a BMW E34 M5 at the coast..(where these pics were taken..)Theres a serious steep mountain road just before ...mmmmm..aaaah...errrrrmm...anyhow ,It was a good run,not the usual walk in the park for me... 8)

This car was a lot of fun while it lasted...
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Baz,

How fast is the F328? Would love to take one on. It has 270 Italian bhp?
PietereQ
Platinum
Platinum

Post by PietereQ »

Well this very JDM color looks quite intriguing on gtv6. Shouldn't overheat too much in SA climate :D Is that the GP bodykit?
joey
Gold
Gold

Post by joey »

baz. nice.

8)

pietereQ, looks like a zender kit to me. :?:
"Fun is an unintended, unforeseen, and usually undignified consequence of life."
patzo_3l
Platinum
Platinum

Post by patzo_3l »

bazza, seems to me you wouldve been " THE MAN" back in the eighties eh. well done and a f*@kn nice looking thing when it was in one piece. seems to me at some stage or other weve all added an alfetta to the scrap pile, of course after recylcling the good bits ie: turbo, nos kit, 1000hp rated transaxle, etc etc.
lol only in my dreams :lol:
patzo_3l

3l gtv6 turbo 85'
2006 147 gta selespeed
1990 75 twinspark
1998 spider
2.0l gtv 85'
33 1.7ie
lucass81
Gold
Gold

Post by lucass81 »

Barry, in late 80s you mean the E30 M3 that had 200hp, not the 286hp E36 M3?
Last weekend I was on the highway in my 1996 E36 M3 3.2 and a black 308 GTS QV tried to pull away from me. Two persons per car. I didnt need to use full throtle to keep up and I shifted at 6.000 rpms. We accelerated from 60km/h to 180km/h. I easily keep up with him enjoing that V8 scream. The E36 M3 is really fast. I want my GTV6 to be as fast as the bimmer but is to expensive to build a 300hp GTV6.
84 GTV6
96 M3
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Fernando »

I have some good memories of both the 3.0 litre and 3.2 litre M3 my cousin owned.I only had a modded 2.0 litre GTV at the time so there was no way we were going to indulge in robot to robot races... :lol:

His last 3.2 litre would hit an indicated 275km/h and still no governor to kick in and stop the fun. :D It's handling was incredible on the country roads we took it on.That car could cover ground at a serious rate of knots.

In my own 3.5 I had a nice 'race' at a track day last year against a 3.2 M3.This chap ran Goodyear Eagle F1's on the front and Bridgestone semi slicks on the rear.First time out I overtook him on the back straight at Zwartkops and I must admit it felt good. :twisted: Second time round we left the braking late and he snuck on the inside of me coming off the main straight.This corner is taken at about 120 km/h and then you accelerate uphill to about 160 km/h in my car before the braking zone for a tight 90 right hand bend.I was right in his slip leading into the braking zone and left mine as late as I thought was reasonable only to watch him run right off into the kitty litter,brake lights ablaze... :shock:

Serious respect is due the BMW M3 range I reckon,just wish Alfa would build there own versions now.Lucas good luck with your GTV6.
"Racing is life,everything before and after is just waiting."- Steve Mqueen
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Barry,
Were you able to fix that white car? It's really a cool GTV6.

Here in the U.S. the E36 M3 only had 240 hp so a really hot GTV6 can beat them in a straight line. The newer BMW M engines are incredible. It would be hard to outpower them with just about any 80's era motor without sinking a ton of money into it.