Anything that does not fit into other topics.
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

GTR2 (game)

Post by Zamani »

This game is cool. I'm now using the 2004 Cirtek F360 GTC. What I don't get is, why I cannot pull on the GT3-RSR on long straights??!!! We're about even. And then the E46 M3 GTR (V8) smokes me on the straight too. :x

Graphics wise, it beats the GT4 on the PS2. This is a good sim, not the ghey Need For Speed like games. The downside is the game requires a good machine, and especially a good graphics card. I have an AMD Athlon 64 3500+ (not modified...yet) with NVIDIA 7900GS graphics card. Smooth with 30 N-GT and GTS cars on the screen.

A steering wheel would be nice.

Can't wait for the WTCC game to come out!
tectoteam
Gold
Gold

Post by tectoteam »

Dont see, but that game is famous as a friend say to.

i did a video of a tremendous crazy car at GT4(ps2) 4500 hp+, sticked to the road with god tires, can runs 1/2 times of a f1 in tracks, i remenber some braking figures from 400kmh to 100kmh in 1.5 seconds.
very hard to drive as you need some Jedi reflex.

i will see if i can find it, and make it online.
2 stroke addict
Mezevenf
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Mezevenf »

I've been playing the demo *alot* and will be buying the full version soon :D

I too am looking forward the WTCC game frm SimBin,

Like Z I also have a 64bit 3500+, 2gig of ram and a X850XT Radeon.

Runs very nice will all the graphics turned right up...until you race at night.

Projected headlights = bad fps :)

Z, buy the Logitech G25 wheel.
Bernard M (AKA Mef - Mezevenf)

1986 75QV 3.0L 24v V6 - Silver
1985 GTV6 2.5L 12v V6 - Red
1999 166 3.0L 24v V6 - Red

NightSpec
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

I found the problem, I was using the 360 Modena from Cirtek Motorsports (440 bhp). I switched to the Scuderia Ecosse F360 GTC (460 bhp) and I can pull ahead of most of the 996 GT3 RSRs on long straights.

Strange thing is the Cirtek 360 Modena dusted me at Donington Park... hehe must bad tires on my 360 GTC :roll:

Is it me or is the 360s just very twitchy? The GT3s are much much more forgiving, but it's hard to beat the 360s sound!!!

Bernard,

I can't afford the G25 yet, do you have it? I will eventually buy a wheel, but most likely something a heck of a lot cheaper than the G25.

BTW, I can assure you that the NVDIA 7900GS pWnS almost all but a few of the ATI cars :P
Mezevenf
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Mezevenf »

I have a Logitech Driving Force Pro atm, the wheel that comes with GT4 for PS2 (works on PC too). I will sell it in favour for the G25. Clutch and gated shifter yes please! :D

I bet my X850XT was a lot cheaper than your 7900 seeing as it wasnt on the market when I got my card, lol.

I'm due for an upgrade towards the end of the year, SLI here I come. Prepare for triple monitors!

NightSpec
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Fernando »

Spent yesterday playing GTR-2. :D Fantastic game.First one that I feel can hold a candle to Grand Prix Legends.

Z,at first I also found the 360GTC to be twitchy,especially under braking,so I changed the brake bias putting more towards the front and that seemed to sort it out quite nicely.

Tried some online racing but I seemd to wind up with the demolition derby crowd. :evil: I was racing the 575GTC,love the sound.
"Racing is life,everything before and after is just waiting."- Steve Mqueen
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Good tip there Fernando. Gonna try that tonight.

In the meantime I've been practicing with the Z3 M coupe. I'm getting slapped around even by GT3s. But much easier to drive. The faster cars sometimes just punt me off (especially those Listers) into the sand trap.
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Fernando »

Zamani,oh boy do I know that feeling.When I just tried the game I was using the Maserati and having a difficult time trying to pass a GT3 :oops: Then when I thought I was really into the groove,BANG,I am punted off into the gravel. :shock:

Haven't driven the BMW's as yet but I think tonight after work I shall give them a try.
"Racing is life,everything before and after is just waiting."- Steve Mqueen
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Fenando,

Do you have a good setup for the 360 GTC to avoid the "pendulum" effect? I have TCS turned off. I can't make the car change direction quickly without the tail wagging. For example, coming down a hill and turning right, I need to brake and turn, and then make another right. The only time when I can make it behave is if I brake in a straight line and let the car settle for a fraction of a second before I can turn right again. if not the tail just starts wagging. Already moved the brake bias 60:40 and it helped a lot. \

BTW I;m playing with the keyboard ;) no wheel yet.
Mezevenf
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Mezevenf »

So, whats everyones fastest Barcelona time?

Using the DAMS Lambo I managed to pull a low 1:38.xx.

Also, if your not playing under simulation, you should be :)

NightSpec