Anything that does not fit into other topics.
Maurizio
Verde
Verde

Post by Maurizio »

Mats wrote:I'm on training camp. Bougt a Logitech G25 and GTR2, driving a couple of hours each day will make me faster then any engine upgrade. ;)
I played GT several times and my times in real life on the track are better then with the game. :oops:

But I was amazed with the detail in the game, some bumps are really there in the game, but I haven't experienced a car in real life with the super breaks as in the game, even work great on grass :P
It is nice to learn the track, in a sense where are you going, but that is it. Real life ... off camber, blind corners, crests, hill, changing grip.........
So keep practicing and be surprised :mrgreen:

ooooooh man I can't even wait until next spring ...
Banned.. ? ;-) Daily donky.. ==> BMW 325d Image
E36M3 (3.0) Ringtool :twisted: ==> definitely BANNED!

AR 75 TS Ringtool '90, AR Spider 2000 veloce '79
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Just a word of caution for the 'new' Ring guys...leave your stopwatches at home, you'll have your hands full trying to figure where the damn road goes...I don't care how long you've played with all this Nintendo shit! Your high time will be when Ron takes you for a demo ride in the TS, heheheheh :twisted:
Under the work bench Kevin.....hmmmm I thought thats where all them pink panties, whips and handcuffs are! :oops: :lol: :shock: Gee, Barry you get paid for that?? :lol:
Jim K.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

I'm not trying to set a time, I'm just trying to learn where the road is going behind the next crest.
And trust me, it's very life like. Blind corners everywhere and I actually think the brakes are worse then on my GTV, must have something to do with speed and power of the cars I drive in the game (FIA GT -03 and -04). :wink:

I'll try to find a way to export the replays. :)
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Maurizio
Verde
Verde

Post by Maurizio »

:lol: Mats, your post motivated me to do some GT4 practice laps last night. Played against my girlfriends son (17y old)
....... :evil: humiliating experience for me.

Drove a 130d in the game was a fun car, like the m3. To go wild I use a elise, very tricky car 8)

On the real N'ring never timed a round, don't have the intention to do.
I'm more striving for the perfect fluent lap. If that lap is achieved, somewhere in the future, I'm convinced it was a fast one :lol:

Micke
Verde
Verde

Post by Micke »

I used to play GPL in the 90's. Blody difficult and even the "straights" were a challenge. A year ago I played with a frien on his xbox or PS2. Still I could't get the hand of it. I'm still faster in real life with a Bora TDI than with a DTM car in the game :shock:

It is good for learning the track though.
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Them laps take so long that we have to pull out of the track at Adenau (how very convenient that exit is!!) and walk 100m to the Schnitzel joint, hahah! :lol:
Jim K.
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Jim,

Can you give an estimate on what it would cost for the weekend?

1-Hotel
2-Ron's school inclusive or instruction, race car rental (3.0 V6), laps around the ring etc?

Ticket from SFO to most european cities close to the ring is around $900.

I guess for me, I need to add hotel for nights after the Ring session, rental car while I'm in Germany and so on.
rz
Platinum
Platinum

Post by rz »

zamani,i think ron's cars are only old 2.0 ts with a suspension upgrade.
they were a few years ago....
Maurizio
Verde
Verde

Post by Maurizio »

Today Ron rents a few 3.0 l, but believe me you don't need a V6 on the ring. The difference is not that big........ And you have you're hands full even if it was a 1.6l :lol:

Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

I'd rather have a TS over a 3.0 anyday for practice, power is probably att the bottom of the list of problems during the first visit. Correct me if I'm wrong. 8)

I'll probably take my car down, not the 75 though but my everyday car, just to be able to bring lots of wine back. :lol:
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Oh-oh! One guy minus here...Mats will spend the weekend in the hotel arguing with a glass full of Swedish 'fuel'.. :roll:
He is right though as well as Maurizio, power is the last thing on the mind of a first-timer.
Zamani, the course is 460E (incl.tax), hotel is 40E (max)per night, dinners etc another ~40E, your share for rental cars from Duss. ~50E (with fuel) and thats it, a total of ~670Euros. To this, you add air fare to Duss. from wherever you are.
The above assumes you are shacking 2 guys per room in the hotel and 4-5 guys for each rental car.
Course price is for the TS cars not the 3liter. 3liters use way more fuel+tires so you'll have to talk to Ron if you want one. All cars have RS suspension, roll cage, HD brake pads and some have semislick tires. I would urge newcomers to drive on normal tires, keeps you from getting over-eager!
The first thing you'll have to learn is there are many other people on the track and you'll have to spend a good deal of the time looking in the mirrors to keep out of their way. After a lot of laps (??) you may be able to hold your own and push other novices around! It'll all come together there though, no sense talking now.
Since some of the greeks are gonna be there (unkown number yet) it would be good to finalize how many of you are definitely going there so Ron can plan ahead -yes, as early as the end of year.
Jim K.
Maurizio
Verde
Verde

Post by Maurizio »

Mats wrote:I'll probably take my car down, not the 75 though but my everyday car, just to be able to bring lots of wine back. :lol:
But why not admit it is a beemer :twisted:

:wink: we had this discussion a year ago...... enough place to bring a nice cage along to Germany :lol:

Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Jim: If the date stays the same I'm prepared to pay up now to get a spot in the line-up. :)
I need a car with a seat that can fit me though, Sparco Evo2 or similar. Maybe that's possible without me bringing my own? :? I'll talk to Ron about it, I need some other stuff made to a std 75 for me to me to be able to drive it safely on track. For instance, I have problems putting my foot on the brake pedal because the steering wheel is in the way. :roll:
Maybe I can bring a deep dish steeringwheel too?

Maurizio: Yes, it is a beemer, and a bloody freight train of a car it is. :lol:
I'm not sure I can fit a main hoop in the car but if you're still interested I'll definetly look into it.
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Mats wrote:Jim: If the date stays the same I'm prepared to pay up now to get a spot in the line-up. :)
I need a car with a seat that can fit me though, Sparco Evo2 or similar. Maybe that's possible without me bringing my own? :? I'll talk to Ron about it, I need some other stuff made to a std 75 for me to me to be able to drive it safely on track. For instance, I have problems putting my foot on the brake pedal because the steering wheel is in the way. :roll:
Maybe I can bring a deep dish steeringwheel too?

Maurizio: Yes, it is a beemer, and a bloody freight train of a car it is. :lol:
I'm not sure I can fit a main hoop in the car but if you're still interested I'll definetly look into it.
Hey Mats,I have super sized extra large Recaro touring seats I can bring with for you..................... :wink: :D :D
No idea how to help with the super size belly problem though...hehehe.. 8)
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Uhhhh....what are you saying Mats, we gotta build a car around you??? :shock: Are we looking at another Shaquile o'Neal here?? Is dat how big you iz?? If this is true, a V6 may not pull you up all the way to Hohe Acht! :lol: Your fat a$$ can't be bigger than mine and I fit in Ron's buckets no prob!
Belly size problem Barry....how about a good dose of laxative? Should be enough to knock the wind outta there (and a lot of other stuff too) heheh, literally! Gaaaahhhh! :roll: :shock:
Jim K.